The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

My yard is mainly weeds. I want to weed out an put down some sod, but i know before I do that, I would need to being in some top soil. We are mainly clay here. As a matter of fact, my back yard has a bare spot all the way around it from my dogs running the fence so much.

Being from a bit more temperate clime, I wonder about use of AstroTurf of similar product in the less hospitable climes.
1f602.png

Just got caught up, Dave.

It doesn't surprise me that you got less irritation from the frame back even though it felt like it was tugging a lot. For me, straights are a lot gentler on the skin than the SS, and certainly than the Weck.

Shaving with a straight has become fairly routine for me now. Maintaining the edge has not. I'm working on it, though.

A lot of work today and my back is feeling it. Last night I got enough metal mesh and landscaping fabric down for there to be a place for the load of rock to be delivered today. Today got the load of 4.4 tons of rock, installed edging, removed the rest of the grass and got a little more mesh and fabric down. Moving shovel fulls of rock sure puts the strain on the back. Had a simple shave last night because I knew I wouldn’t be in the mood for shaving today.

Here what it looked like after delivery.

Being from a bit more temperate clime, I wonder about use of AstroTurf of similar product in the less hospitable climes.
1f602.png
Heh our oldest kept advocating for that because she liked the look of it.

That sounds like a long, hard day. I hope you got to have a few cold beverages of your choice afterwards.

A couple weeks ago I shoveled a couple cubic yards of garden soil out of the back of my truck...that sounds like child's play compared to shoveling that rock...take lots of Aleve or Motrin!

Look at the bright side, once it is done, should be very low maintenance. You can just sit back and laugh at all of us that have to mow.

Getting caught up nice reads. I would love to remove my lawn but my wife likes to believe kids need a lawn, UGH!

2018 shave #127 (DE:22 SE:39 Str:63 Cart:2)

Mekur 38c w/ Israeli Personna (2)
TOBS Jermyn Street
Plisson synthetic 24mm in Shave Revolution handle
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea post shave balm

This was my shave Friday night to avoid having to deal with it Saturday. I enjoy the scent of Jermyn street so much I did a repeat performance.

2018 shave #128 (DE:23 SE:39 Str:63 Cart:2)

Mekur 38c w/ Israeli Personna (3)
Stirling Piacenza
RazoRock 24mm synthetic
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea post shave balm

This was Sunday afternoon. I did a brush swap with gvw755, my larger for his smaller. This 24mm really fits my shave area better than a 26mm.

2018 shave #129 (DE:23 SE:40 Str:63 Cart:2)

Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Pre de Provence 63
RazoRock 24mm synthetic
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea post shave balm
Missoni

Can you hear that? That my blade brothers is the happy singing of dolphins. You bring The Doctor out to play with a new Feather and only 1/2 day's growth and you're rubbing an ultra smooth face all day. I feel like I need to not be taking too long of a break from straights if I'm going to learn them, but oh the RX is so nice.

Finished up the front lawn for now. Down the road there might be some plants added. Or a cactus or two, but like you guys have said, so now it's done and I have zero maintenance on it. Back in the day I never would have picked having a yard of rocks, but it's a lot better than the yard of weeds it replaced. I'm ready for my weekend now! What? Five more days?!?!

Haven’t been
writing much, but I’ve been trying to stay up with the journals.

Great couple of setups there Dave!

Hopefully the resulting shave just as good or better!

The zero-scaping looks sharp Dave! There'll be time enough for putting some plants in later on down the line...

Nice shave to end up swimming with the dolphins again!

Back