The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #342 (DE:151 SE:125 Str:56 Cart:0) - 483 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Voskhod (1)
RazoRock synth
CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Le Labo Tabac 28

While all you guys are messing around with CBL's new soap, I went old skool today with one of the originals. Good stuff.

Turkey day shave:

2019 shave #343 (DE:151 SE:126 Str:56 Cart:0) - 484 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Schick Proline (6)
Paladin Vintage Port
Declaration Grooming Darkfall
Alum
Thayer's Lemon

Video posted

2019 shave #344 (DE:152 SE:126 Str:56 Cart:0) - 485 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Voskhod (2)
Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
The Club Black Birch Stout
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Marc-Antoine B683

Nice shave all around this morning. I guess if the other Dave has to go to work today, I have no complaints. A few of us here "just in case". But those morning where nobody is on the road or in the parking garage just feel wrong to be coming to work. I do have some delicious turkey for lunch today though!

Yesterday’s shave:

2019 shave #345 (DE:153 SE:126 Str:56 Cart:0) - 486 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Voskhod (3)
Stirling synth
Storybook Soapworks Elysium
Alum
Thayer's Lemon

2019 shave #346 (DE:153 SE:126 Str:57 Cart:0) - 487 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Stirling synth
Tallow + Steel Maya
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Tallow + Steel Maya AS

Well lookie what I used today. Been a looong time since I’ve done an open blade shave. Things went pretty well. Close to BBS with just a touch of alum sting on my neck. Maybe I’ll be back on this horse for a while.

Dropped my wife off at the airport this morning. She’s flying to NY for business so hope the weather doesn’t interfere too much. Mr Mom duty for me.

2019 shave #347 (DE:153 SE:126 Str:58 Cart:0) - 488 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Stirling synth
Storybook Soapworks Hook
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Hook AS

Took another swing with the SS. Just like riding a bike I'm picking up from where I left off when I was using this earlier. BBS is easy on all but the lower neck which caused me some alum sting and a little redness today. Probably would be smart to not push for BBS for a little while. But I do love the smell of Hook. I need one of the Tom Ford leather scents to pair with stuff like this for sure.

Well, after a few delays my wife got to NY and said the last 30min of the flight was the worst she's experienced. Just got a weather warning stating they are declaring a state of emergency for NY and are activating the National Guard. Ugh. Summers and winters both getting worse. I'll try to avoid either on the east coast I believe.

2019 shave #347 (DE:153 SE:126 Str:58 Cart:0) - 488 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Stirling synth
Storybook Soapworks Hook
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Hook AS

Took another swing with the SS. Just like riding a bike I'm picking up from where I left off when I was using this earlier. BBS is easy on all but the lower neck which caused me some alum sting and a little redness today. Probably would be smart to not push for BBS for a little while. But I do love the smell of Hook. I need one of the Tom Ford leather scents to pair with stuff like this for sure.

Well, after a few delays my wife got to NY and said the last 30min of the flight was the worst she's experienced. Just got a weather warning stating they are declaring a state of emergency for NY and are activating the National Guard. Ugh. Summers and winters both getting worse. I'll try to avoid either on the east coast I believe.
Glad she arrived safely at least! Staying stronk with the Feather...good job!

What in tarnation is going on up there? State of emergency? Am I living under a rock or just underestimating how bad that storm really is? Hopefully she can get back without too much trouble.

Feather SS with a ProGuard blade is probably still my favorite set up, and one I used almost exclusively for months.

2019 shave #348 (DE:153 SE:126 Str:59 Cart:0) - 489 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Stirling synth
Stirling Texas on Fire
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Stirling Texas on Fire AS
Stirling Texas on Fire EdC

Video posted everyone. Update to the video. This is a STRONK aftershave. I did one spray of the EdC just to see what the scent was and didn't add any more. An hour later in the car I was too strong for myself and rinsed my face as to be socially appropriate at work. About 4 hours later I think it's getting much weaker and I could maybe use the EdC now. I would use one or the other of these babies and I need to see how use of just the EdC is.

Back