The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Saturday:

2019 shave #328 (DE:147 SE:125 Str:56 Cart:0) - 479 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (5)
Sorrentino Chess Piece
CBL Harvest Oud
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Nameless by Marc Buxton

Video posted

Sunday:

2019 shave #329 (DE:148 SE:125 Str:56 Cart:0) - 480 days of consecutive shaving
Game Changer w/ Feather (1)
SV 2.0
Oleo Empire
Alum
Thayer's Lemon

Video posted

2019 shave #340 (DE:149 SE:125 Str:56 Cart:0) - 481 days of consecutive shaving
Game Changer w/ Feather (2)
Stirling synth
Sapone Di Paolo Bosco
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Took another run with the GC. Rode the cap a bit more and was careful about going over areas fewer times. Managed to get a BBS without the alum sting or weeper like yesterday, but it did take the full attention. Given that, I wouldn't get this razor, or would at least get one with the smaller gap.

It's that time of year. Where I'm torn between being excited about holidays yet dreading all the extra tasks they add. @dangerousdon talking about getting the inside decorations made me realize just how short it is til Christmas. I think if not for the kids I wouldn't do a tree the years we'll be out of town for the big day.

2019 shave #340 (DE:149 SE:125 Str:56 Cart:0) - 481 days of consecutive shaving
Game Changer w/ Feather (2)
Stirling synth
Sapone Di Paolo Bosco
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Took another run with the GC. Rode the cap a bit more and was careful about going over areas fewer times. Managed to get a BBS without the alum sting or weeper like yesterday, but it did take the full attention. Given that, I wouldn't get this razor, or would at least get one with the smaller gap.

It's that time of year. Where I'm torn between being excited about holidays yet dreading all the extra tasks they add. @dangerousdon talking about getting the inside decorations made me realize just how short it is til Christmas. I think if not for the kids I wouldn't do a tree the years we'll be out of town for the big day.

and what am i? chopped liver?!?!?!? :p

2019 shave #341 (DE:150 SE:125 Str:56 Cart:0) - 482 days of consecutive shaving
Game Changer w/ Feather (3)
Sorrentino Oregon State
WCS Campfire
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Midnight Embers AS
Storybook Soapworks Midnight Embers EdP

Decided to finish out the blade in the GC. This is just too much gap or whatever for me and I just did a 2 pass shave today. The dolphins were safe and slept in. My smokey bath soaps' days are numbered so I got in another smoke filled shave. I went to SS' website to get a pic of the EdP to post in the pic heave scent of the day thread, but any trace of them ever selling it is gone. Sadness. Why do all the manufactures do this to meeeeeeee? I've been using this EdP with the Campfire thinking I'll just use it with both soaps and buy more when it runs out. I would like to write them and ask what's up since it sold out so fast, but in the three times I've written them in the past I've never gotten a response.

Getting to be that odd time of year at work. Where it feels like things slow down a bit, but meetings have to keep happening with 1/2 attendance and annual reviews are screaming from that back burner. No tie this week is my decision in concession for actually being here.

You mean the holidays don’t ramp up business? All those failed Clark Griswold attempts?

You just can't catch a break with your smokey scents. This is bringing my FOMO back.

You mean the holidays don’t ramp up business? All those failed Clark Griswold attempts?
Well winter sure does. Already seen some flu cases. But my job isn't dependent on hospital census. I will have to start taking call in Feb or March. Then census and staffing issues will be directly proportional to how many times I'm woken in the middle of the night.

You just can't catch a break with your smokey scents. This is bringing my FOMO back.
It's getting cold out there brother. You need at least one soap that will fill the den with the smells of campfires and make you feel all warm and toasty.

It's getting cold out there brother. You need at least one soap that will fill the den with the smells of campfires and make you feel all warm and toasty.
I'm getting impatient waiting to see if Stirling has any Black Friday specials and ready to order my Texas on Fire and Etc...........
I've been on the verge of buying Texas On Fire since I started wet shaving. What I imagine it smelling like is a brush fire, but I haven't actually gotten a sample to verify. I love the smell of a good brush fire, but I think that might be a little too polarizing for work and home.

Back