The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Nice health report Dave!
I keep grabbing other SV soaps when I go to use one, so decided to give the 70th a little love today. I realized that the essence of this scent is along the same lines as Oud Minerale.
I think your sniffer’s broken though...

I guess the most simple way to sum it up is there are thoughts both ways and I fall on the side of that's not how the body was designed/evolved/made to work.
I agree with that. The keto diet is clever for what it does, but I think there are healthier ways to lose weight. YMMV, and to each his own. I just work here. It is what it is. Because reasons.

2019 shave #324 (DE:147 SE:121 Str:56 Cart:0) - 474 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (1)
GTB
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Nivea 2:1
GTB AS
GTB EdP

This morning the dolphins were saddled up and are wearing their cowboy hats for a screamin' ride to the BBS prairie! Yeeeeee haw!!!

I guess the most simple way to sum it up is there are thoughts both ways and I fall on the side of that's not how the body was designed/evolved/made to work.

I'm with you on this one. I lost 40 lbs by just eating less - no crazy deprivations just everything in moderation. I switched to a smaller plate and measured out my portions until my thoughts changed to recognize what a correct portion looked like. At my family holiday dinners my family piled on food in layers on the plate, now they all look at me like I'm a weirdo but I have just enough there. I eat carbs, sweets, etc and just make up for any extra calories by eating less at another meal. I know how many calories I can have each meal to maintain the weight I'm at. I'd like to be about 50 lbs lighter, but that will come after the hip is really healed up and can take some heavier activity.

If you think that's empty, you ought to see all my MW tubs. Just a tiny bit left in the circular corners. I'm still getting lather though and it's starting well in the tub before I face lather it :LOL:

2019 shave #325 (DE:147 SE:122 Str:56 Cart:0) - 475 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (2)
Storybook Soapworks Hallward’s Dream
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Hallward’s Dream AS
Bleu de Chanel

I forgot to post today’s shave. There it is!

Yesterday's shave:

2019 shave #326 (DE:147 SE:123 Str:56 Cart:0) - 476 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (3)
?
?
Alum
Thayer's Lemon

2019 shave #327 (DE:147 SE:124 Str:56 Cart:0) - 478 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (4)
RazoRock synth
Oz Winter
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

I'm getting bad about documenting my shaves. I was at an off-site meeting all day yesterday and even got behind on my unread forum posts. I'm down to one page of threads I need to catch up on. The basic brilliant shave by Merlin today. I stumbled upon this soap yesterday looking for my Stirling Christmas Eve. I swear I own that, but it was nowhere to be found. I must have it, so my first order in a long time from Maggard's is likely to be placed soon. Two days ago I just realized next week is Thanksgiving! Ugh. I'm cookin' this year, so this weekend will be recipe finding and shopping. I switched to the air "deep fryer" last year and I'm totally sold on that method. AND I'm working on a custom bit of shaving kit that's more fun than functional and should be ready for a video shoot tonight or tomorrow. So stay tuned!

Yesterday's shave:

2019 shave #326 (DE:147 SE:123 Str:56 Cart:0) - 476 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (3)
?
?
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
2019 shave #327 (DE:147 SE:124 Str:56 Cart:0) - 478 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (4)
RazoRock synth
Oz Winter
Alum
Thayer's Lemon
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

I'm getting bad about documenting my shaves. I was at an off-site meeting all day yesterday and even got behind on my unread forum posts. I'm down to one page of threads I need to catch up on. The basic brilliant shave by Merlin today. I stumbled upon this soap yesterday looking for my Stirling Christmas Eve. I swear I own that, but it was nowhere to be found. I must have it, so my first order in a long time from Maggard's is likely to be placed soon. Two days ago I just realized next week is Thanksgiving! Ugh. I'm cookin' this year, so this weekend will be recipe finding and shopping. I switched to the air "deep fryer" last year and I'm totally sold on that method. AND I'm working on a custom bit of shaving kit that's more fun than functional and should be ready for a video shoot tonight or tomorrow. So stay tuned!
1574440259683.png

Back