The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #291 (DE:127 SE:102 Str:58 Cart:0) - 441 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (1)
Stirling synth
The Club Wake the F UP!
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

Nothing special, just poking around the drawer for a soap that hasn't been used in a while. Topped everything off with some delicious scent. Then I thought of glugging and added two more sprays.

2019 shave #292 (DE:127 SE:103 Str:58 Cart:0) - 442 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (2)
Stirling synth
The Club The Novelist
Alum
Witch Hazel
Le Labo Tabac 28

Nuttin' special about the shave. Repeating the super close Vector BBS, but I smell A-Mazing. If nothing else the occasional whiff I get of myself from time to time brings enjoyment.

It's Friday ya'll!! I know half of you probably aren't even working today, but I am. Been a lot going on for a 4 day week. Nothing special planned this weekend, but I sure need a hair cut. Looking forward to a lot of nothing if I can pull that off.

I’m workin! You can be sure of that!

Hope you get your chill weekend...that comfy wine lounge you’ve got is calling your name!

Two weekend days. Two weekend shaves.

2019 shave #293 (DE:128 SE:103 Str:58 Cart:0) - 443 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Voskhod (1)
Rockwell synth
T+S Maya
Alum
Witch Hazel
T+S Maya AS

2019 shave #294 (DE:129 SE:103 Str:58 Cart:0) - 444 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Voskhod (2)
TSC Legacy
Siliski Frankincense and Myrrh
Alum
Witch Hazel
Le Labo Tabac 28

I decided to use the Timeless and Voskhod for, as @bentheduck would say, reasons. And those reasons are as follows. The Timeless is just a beautiful razor that is just overshadowed in performance by other razors that I have. And I just love the name Voskhod and try it out in different razors from time to time. This was actually a winner. I usually use a Wilkinson in the Timeless which ends up being extremely mild. This combo was more efficient with just a touch of alum sting. So nice I used it twice. And the Tabac, what a smell! Nice and peppery.

Not entirely the lazy weekend I was looking forward to, but it was my doing. I ended up being nonproductive in my head before it even started and came up with a list of little chores longer than the weekend. Did get plenty of TV time, but also got many tasks done. Not all, but many. Have a busy week coming so that’s been looming out there. Ending with a 2-day training course in SF which kinda messes with the kids’ schedules. Before I took this new job I talked to my wife about it several times as I was the main taxi to activities and dinner maker. I actually held off on chances for advancement several times before as to not have to work longer hours. My FIL has been pitching in a ton to help, but I still feel bad when we need even more help.

Hey man, enjoy having family around to help while it’s an option! If they didn’t want to, hopefully they’re the type that would say so!

Week will be over before you know it!

Glad your Father-In-Law is able to pitch in! Free Labor from the parents is always a good thing! Not sure if you saw it or not. But your Oregon State Beavers beat Cal this weekend! That's a nice upset for your team!

Glad your Father-In-Law is able to pitch in! Free Labor from the parents is always a good thing! Not sure if you saw it or not. But your Oregon State Beavers beat Cal this weekend! That's a nice upset for your team!
I think almost win they have is an upset isn’t it? ;)

I actually held off on chances for advancement several times before as to not have to work longer hours.
I've been there, Dave. Now that my kids are grown and become independent (though one's still living at home) I have time to concentrate on my career. Better late than never. Go for it!

2019 shave #295 (DE:130 SE:103 Str:58 Cart:0) - 445 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Voskhod (3)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Strop Shoppe Russian Tea
Alum
Witch Hazel
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan

Decided to treat myself with a bit of the Russian Tea this morning. Which pairs just perfectly with the Philtre Ceylan. A very sophisticated shave if I do say so myself. It was a nice three and out for the Voskhod with another BBS in the books.

Back to ye olde grind today. Mondays are always a roll of the dice to see what happens. Starting off with no late meetings and no surprise events. If it stays that way, it's better than winning at TSC bingo. Though....I would like one of those mugs.

2019 shave #296 (DE:131 SE:109 Str:56 Cart:0) - 446 days of consecutive shaving
"Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (3)
Paladin Brush of Shame
A&E Grecian Horse
Alum
Witch Hazel
A&E Grecian Horse AS
Dior Sauvage

I generally don't look at what meetings I have and such until I actually get to work. That lack of forward thinking has possibly caused me to pull a @dangerousdon today. This soap is part of a group that I used a fair amount when I first got it but now doesn't get the play it deserves because I skip over it thinking I've used it too much. Decided to get reacquainted with a soap I know I love the scent of. And even more so the AS. A&E really does provide a great and easy to get lather and I would hope by now all the cadre has at least tried a couple of their soaps. If not, get yourself over to the soap sample swap and fix that error in your judgement. Good shave because the Vector isn't capable of providing any less. Looking forward to seeing how much @Majorrich uses his when it shows up. Then I did the standard application of the AS. Then I did the 2nd "Because I'm that guy" application to revel in the scent all day. And to top it all off I found fit to hit it with a couple sprays of Sauvage. Good good stuff.

Then getting into work it hits me. We have a several hour long conference call with a regulatory agency this morning. With the most senior leaders of the hospital. In a small conference room. I hope they dig Grecian Horse is all I can say.

2019 shave #297 (DE:132 SE:109 Str:56 Cart:0) - 447 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Sorrentino Chess Piece
WSP Black Amber Vanille
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Satorial

I'm going to try to remember to use my CBL Lemon soap tomorrow, which means I need something that I can do a quick shave with to try to get it done before the irritation peaks. So "prepped" a Personna blade by getting the 1st shave off of it to hit that 2nd shave sweet spot tomorrow. And I'm still mourning the loss of our two local Penhaligon stores. If they were still around, I'm sure my collection would be bigger by now.

Last day in the office this week. Have training in SF the next two days. I HATE driving into the city. Tomorrow will be the worst as we go until 5pm. They are just really begging people that aren't staying in the hotel to leave early with timing like that. Friday it ends at 3, but I'll be waiting in the city for my wife to get off work and then drive out Gear's way to have a birthday dinner for her with friends.

LOL, okay, looking on the map that's really no where close to you. I just view everything on the other side of the bridge as too far and a pain in the back side.

Back