The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Thank you all for the well wishes. We got back last night and no travel issues at all.

Our room was directly below the spa/gym, so I went up there in the early mornings to have a shower in something larger than a postage stamp and have plenty of room to shave. Most of my shaves were with the Feather SS and one with my Parker 76R. I also used the Parker for clean-up. Shaves were decent with DFS+ the usual result. I didn’t want to push it past that and have to deal with rawness. Lathers were ok, but again, didn’t seem as sleek as at home.

My den for the week:

But it had this little cup of hell:

2018 shave #120 (DE:18 SE:38 Str:61 Cart:2)

Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard
SV 70th
SV 2.0
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea post shave balm
SV 70th AS

Well, yesterday was the first day this year I didn’t shave. We had to get off the ship pretty early and I had all my shaving stuff packed the night before. That’s okay for my 365 challange because I’ve snuck in a couple extra shaves already. ;)

Boy, 2 days of growth feels SO rough now! What satisfaction there was taking the SS to that, with a nice contrast when I got down to smooth skin. Just a basic shave that needed a little clean up with the Q-Shave. Ended up with BBS-

Great to hear that the trip went well Dave, and nice triumphant return to the daily shaves by taking 2 days worth of growth off! As far as that little cup-o-hell, at least they only have two blades!

I'm glad you were able to get proper shaves in on your cruise. The shave den looked to be a proper accoutrement, even if it was sporting a cup full of cartridge razors. There probably was a time when cruise ship spas sported a cup full of DE blades.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my eyes, what is seen cannot be unseen, LOL Glad you got home safe

Very nice shave, Dave. The trip sounds fantastic, except for the offensive cup o' trash.

clyde72 said:
Good Shave Dave!

So have you got your land legs back?
Unfortunately I think I have. In the past it’s taken almost a week to not feel swaying at all when I’m in small spaces. I actually enjoy that because it takes me back to vacation.

dkeester said:
Great shave. Welcome back to dry land.
Dagwoodz said:
Great to hear that the trip went well Dave, and nice triumphant return to the daily shaves by taking 2 days worth of growth off! As far as that little cup-o-hell, at least they only have two blades!
Quijote said:
Welcome back to land. That looks like a torture device. Great shave.
Xenostr8shaver said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my eyes, what is seen cannot be unseen, LOL Glad you got home safe
Smattayu said:
Very nice shave, Dave. The trip sounds fantastic, except for the offensive cup o' trash.
Thank you all

McVeyMac said:
I'm glad you were able to get proper shaves in on your cruise. The shave den looked to be a proper accoutrement, even if it was sporting a cup full of cartridge razors. There probably was a time when cruise ship spas sported a cup full of DE blades.
Funny, I never even thought of that. I’m sure there was a time when all the bathrooms had those slots in the wall to dispose of blades. I was hoping someone might be interested enough in what I was doing to ask about it. It was too early in the morning though and for the most part I had the place to myself.

2018 shave #121 (DE:18 SE:39 Str:61 Cart:2)

Asylum “The Doctor” RX w/ Feather Proguard (6)
B&M Sinfonia
Plisson 24mm in Shave Revolution handle
Witch Hazel & Alum
Nivea post shave balm
C.O. Bigelow Cashmere and Fig

I received this soap in a PIF from B&B. This PIF was related to the connection of someone losing their dog and connecting this soap to that loss and the memory of their pet. I felt like I had to pay honor to this and created some nice spa time. Jazz music, no rush and brought out the RX for the best shave I’m personally able to achieve right now. Here is to the memory of all pets that were part of our families and part of our memories.

I was was able to find a picture of my last and favorite dog, Matty. She was a sweetheart.

Nice tribute Dave. Lucy was our love for 10 years, unril she succumbed to cancer. She was a Cane Corso Mastiff. A warier and a gladiator, but she would greet you with a wiggle and some slobber.

Back