The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

@Dave in KY we have been lucky and not had anything disappear once delivered. The person that comes to feed the cats will also bring in packages that are left.

2019 shave #90 (DE41 SE:20 Str:29 Cart:0) - 239 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Stirling synth
CBL Earl Grey
Alum
Witch Hazel

Hotel shave this morning. Can’t remember the last time I did this, but only did a two pass shave. It wasn’t bad by any means. Had a bowl full of lather and the two passes went well. But I just was not in my groove and I heard one of @Majorrich’s safety cats calling from a distance so I just cut it short. The cheeks are still BBS and the neck DSF.

Drove further than the original plan yesterday because I was able to leave work a little early so we should be hitting Portland by lunch time. Cold up here by the mountains, but at least it’s dry. Also for the first time we got the girls their own hotel room. So I’m fully expecting to see zombies at lunch and sleeping childern on the rest of the drive.

I had my cadre brush package waiting at home yesterday and brought it along. Looks like some good stuff in there! I’ll open might later today.

2019 shave #90 (DE41 SE:20 Str:29 Cart:0) - 239 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Stirling synth
CBL Earl Grey
Alum
Witch Hazel

Hotel shave this morning. Can’t remember the last time I did this, but only did a two pass shave. It wasn’t bad by any means. Had a bowl full of lather and the two passes went well. But I just was not in my groove and I heard one of @Majorrich’s safety cats calling from a distance so I just cut it short. The cheeks are still BBS and the neck DSF.

Drove further than the original plan yesterday because I was able to leave work a little early so we should be hitting Portland by lunch time. Cold up here by the mountains, but at least it’s dry. Also for the first time we got the girls their own hotel room. So I’m fully expecting to see zombies at lunch and sleeping childern on the rest of the drive.

I had my cadre brush package waiting at home yesterday and brought it along. Looks like some good stuff in there! I’ll open might later today.

It's been too long since I was on the CBL website. Might be time for a shopping spree lol. Great stuff, Dave

2019 shave #91 (DE42 SE:20 Str:29 Cart:0) - 240 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6Sw/ Feather (1)
Stirling synth
Cherry City Willamette
Alum
Witch Hazel
Euphoria

Likely just using the 6S while at my parents. I use an ancillary bathroom so I’m not tying up the main guest one and it’s tiny. The sink is so small I have to rinse over the handles and the mirror is about chest height so I’m bending over the whole time. Just happy to get out of it with a BBS without much irritation.

I bring a Dopp kit when I travel. So I laugh when people ask what others bring to shave with on trips. Bring it all!

2019 shave #92 (DE43 SE:20 Str:29 Cart:0) - 241 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6Sw/ Feather (2)
Stirling synth
CBL Oud Minérale
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea post shave balm

I was really in the mood for a straight shave, but it would have been crazy to try it in such a confined space. Hoping when we go to the coast I’ll find a way to record an outdoor shave or something. There’s 10 of us that will be in the house and only 2 bathrooms. So 20min for a shave won’t go over well.

@CBLindsay ya did it again. The Oud Minérale is great stuff. For me, this is the first scent that I would think of as “ocean breeze” or “fresh” that doesn’t smell like dryer sheets. Sorry @Cvargo. I think it should definitely be up on the website and I’ll have to go find what @HandleBarberDave said would be a good matching scent. I do agree the scent strength could be turned up one or two notches, but this is one that you don’t want at a 10.

Back