The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #87 (DE40 SE:20 Str:27 Cart:0) - 236 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum RX w/ Feather Proguard (4)
TSC Legacy brush
Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Mark Buxton Nameless

Shave is posted in the video section.

Things are getting uncertain at work. My boss' boss got promoted last week. So today my boss got moved into his position to cover and someone else had my boss' job added to their's on an interim bases. A lot of interim stuff going on around here which leaves a lot in limbo. Not looking forward to the next month or two.

Hey! What’s going on in here?!

The deal is several promotions in the senior leadership level in my area have ultimately resulted in scrambling of getting three positions covered in a week. Which leaves me in an interim position with an interim boss new to the department.

And you guys, pththththththth ;)

2019 shave #88 (DE40 SE:20 Str:28 Cart:0) - 237 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
RazoRock synth
Storybook Soapworks Coffee Spoons
Alum
Witch Hazel
TOBS Jermyn Street EdC

Saw that Dave did a straight shave video today, so thought I'd join him in the struggle. Got a decent BBS. Tried a slightly different angle with some skin stretching on the 3rd neck pass. Maybe marginally better, but not the breakthrough that I'm looking for. Decided to try out the Coffee Spoons soaps because I could catch a nice coffee note behind some other scent. I was hopeful that the coffee would pop into the front as it was lathered, but nope. I'm assuming from comments on the scent that others are just getting the coffee scent with whatever is covering it up for me. It's not bad, just not what I was looking for.

Next week is spring break and we'll be headed up to Oregon to see my family. Hanging out at my parents' house for a few days, then heading over to the coast with them and my sister's family for 4 nights in a big house to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary. Should be fun. Cousins getting to play with each other and hopefully a morning or two I don't have to dressed and ready by 6:30.

Good stuff Sir Nurse! A week along the Oregon coast sounds great, I love their coastal atmosphere.

2019 shave #89 (DE41 SE:20 Str:28 Cart:0) - 238 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Voskhod (2)
RazoRock synth
PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa
Alum
Witch Hazel
Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Extreme

It's either this or Opuntia that's my favorite smelling soap ever. Nice rich lather and a three pass BBS. Doesn't get any better than that other than finishing off a sample of Spicebomb Extreme. I normally don't add to the scent of Rossa as it sticks around all day. But today, I'm the bomb!

Pulled the trigger and got a couple of hotel rooms for tonight. Just 4ish hours away, but then we can make some miles after work and don't need to get everyone up at 5am tomorrow. I just hope my brush is sitting at the door when I get home so I can use it this week!

2019 shave #89 (DE41 SE:20 Str:28 Cart:0) - 238 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Voskhod (2)
RazoRock synth
PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa
Alum
Witch Hazel
Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Extreme

It's either this or Opuntia that's my favorite smelling soap ever. Nice rich lather and a three pass BBS. Doesn't get any better than that other than finishing off a sample of Spicebomb Extreme. I normally don't add to the scent of Rossa as it sticks around all day. But today, I'm the bomb!

Pulled the trigger and got a couple of hotel rooms for tonight. Just 4ish hours away, but then we can make some miles after work and don't need to get everyone up at 5am tomorrow. I just hope my brush is sitting at the door when I get home so I can use it this week!

Last edited:
Those are two excellent favorite smelling soaps. I've heard a lot of buzz about Spicebomb Extreme. How is it?

Those are two excellent favorite smelling soaps. I've heard a lot of buzz about Spicebomb Extreme. How is it?
I really like it. Nice and pepper spice. But the longevity on my skin is only 4-5hrs. I’m going to end up getting Savage instead. Or at least first.

Back