The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I'm not a parent so I will stay out of such matters. In my last job, I saw the absolute worst of humanity on social media. But then again...it si in the world and we can't shelter our loved ones forever. At some point we have to prepare them. All I know is of the big three social media platforms...Instagram is the friendliest and more positive of the bunch!

Now...T&H West Indian Lime is some seriously great smelling stuff!

All Caught up DaaaVeeed, I feel for you on all the distractions that kids have today good luck with the Test !

2019 shave #83 (DE:39 SE:19 Str:25 Cart:0) - 232 days of consecutive shaving
6S w/ Feather (3)
Sorrentino Chess Piece
Eufros Park Avenue
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Atelier Cologne Vėtiver Fatal

@Dave in KY good thing I have a pic, I forgot what soap I used today. Park Avenue has a light mint scent to it so I’m saying it works for spring and the fresh vetiver certainly does.

After I did some free charging on the car again, I decided on a whim to finally finish the last step of the indoor painting I started and do the wall in the dining room behind the wine cooler. Wasn’t too bad getting everything moved out of they way. But I did make a dumb decision. I hate cleaning rollers and figured with a big mirror on the wall, it wouldn’t take too long to do it just with a brush. Well, there is enough texture on the wall that I basically had to scrub the paint on to make sure it hit all the little shallows. Well, it’s done now and I’m sitting outside with a stogie catching up on the cadre. Might be even treat myself to a 2nd shave later.

Textured walls are a pain! Even more so when you are running and scrape off a mess of flesh against one!

Yesterday's shave. Video posted.

2019 shave #84 (DE:39 SE:19 Str:26 Cart:0) - 233 days of consecutive shaving
Feather Kamasori w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Stirling synth
Strop Shoppe Lemon Eucalyptus
Alum
Witch Hazel

Yesterday's shave. Video posted.

2019 shave #84 (DE:39 SE:19 Str:26 Cart:0) - 233 days of consecutive shaving
Feather Kamasori w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Stirling synth
Strop Shoppe Lemon Eucalyptus
Alum
Witch Hazel
Getting forgetful, SOTD's getting posted the day after regularly....................Dave's getting Old Timers Disease

2019 shave #85 (DE40 SE:19 Str:26 Cart:0) - 234 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Voshkod (1)
Stirling synth
Stirling Kaboom
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Endymion EdC (for Dave)

Woke up at 1am and never went back to sleep. I just needed a shave I could do in my almost sleep. Zzzzzzz

Last edited:
2019 shave #85 (DE40 SE:19 Str:26 Cart:0) - 234 days of consecutive shaving
Feather Kamasori w/ Voshkod (1)
Stirling synth
Stirling Kaboom
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Endymion EdC (for Dave)

Woke up at 1am and never went back to sleep. I just needed a shave I could do in my almost sleep. Zzzzzzz
Thanks Man, woke early in solidarity and the Endymion on top of it all. I gots me some Penhaligon's now although it's Sartorial. I like it though. Eventually I'll pull a trigger on the Endymion.................maybe when the Timeless goes

Back