The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #67 (DE:33 SE:15 Str:19 Cart:0) - 216 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Oleo Empire
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1

Quick update

Shaving: Unlike a few of your slackers, I still have my streak going. I shaved with a kamasori style Feather SS for the first time. It felt awkward and being the first time I probably used too much pressure while on was thinking about my angles and how to hold it. But I did end up with the best open blade result that I've had. The 2nd time I ended up pulling up and using the Timeless for a quick clean-up on the neck. I'll use it a few more times, but thinking I like the folding style better despite feeling like the handle gets in the way sometimes. Nothing else notable other than the 6S continues to show why I chose it as my favorite DE.

Personal: Been a little lazy in terms of house stuff. Still plucking away at getting art on the walls and such before tackling the next big project. I officially became Interim Clinical Director of Quality Services on Monday. My boss has been asking around about me and I'm pretty sure I have a very good chance at getting the job, with the only concern being my qualifications. My company is very strict at times about that and if you don't meet then to the letter, HR won't let you get hired even if the hiring manager wants you. Did have to go shopping for more dress socks as I got rid of a lot of mine just a few months ago to make room for soap in my drawers. I figured Don would be proud that I got some snazzy Superman socks!

Great update Dave. The Feather SS when mastered will give excellent shaves. But must always be careful because it will fillet you. Fingers crossed you get the job.

Great news on the job front Dave! Hopefully you get picked for the permanent gig.

I’ve also been slowly venturing in the open blade arena...it’s scary! 😂😂😂

Also, way to give @dangerousdon a run for his money in the sock game. He’s going to be hard to beat though, his sock collection is the best I’ve ever seen. These might help though:

Great news on the job front Dave! Hopefully you get picked for the permanent gig.

I’ve also been slowly venturing in the open blade arena...it’s scary! 😂😂😂

Also, way to give @dangerousdon a run for his money in the sock game. He’s going to be hard to beat though, his sock collection is the best I’ve ever seen. These might help though:

View attachment 77
Why would I want socks with @dangerousdon on them?

2019 shave #68 (DE:34 SE:15 Str:19 Cart:0) - 217 days of consecutive shaving
Parker Variant w/ Feather (2)
Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy
Alum
Witch Hazel
GTB AS
GTB EdP

Look on the shelves for something I haven't used in a while and there is was. Started the Variant on setting 2 for the first couple of passes, then down to 1 for the last pass. Seemed to be the perfect settings for this combo. I feel like I might be flipping back from the razor acquisitions side of things to just keeping what I'll use. With other modern DEs that I like more, I'm wondering why I would kept this one when I just use it because I haven't in a while and not because I want to.

Nothing too exciting today. Have a 90min webex that should allow for any catching up on the cadre that I need to do. School dance is tonight, so that's been the topic of conversation at the dinner table. Luckily we're still in the going with a group of friends phase of things.

2019 shave #68 (DE:34 SE:15 Str:19 Cart:0) - 217 days of consecutive shaving
Parker Variant w/ Feather (2)
Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy
Alum
Witch Hazel
GTB AS
GTB EdP

Look on the shelves for something I haven't used in a while and there is was. Started the Variant on setting 2 for the first couple of passes, then down to 1 for the last pass. Seemed to be the perfect settings for this combo. I feel like I might be flipping back from the razor acquisitions side of things to just keeping what I'll use. With other modern DEs that I like more, I'm wondering why I would kept this one when I just use it because I haven't in a while and not because I want to.

Nothing too exciting today. Have a 90min webex that should allow for any catching up on the cadre that I need to do. School dance is tonight, so that's been the topic of conversation at the dinner table. Luckily we're still in the going with a group of friends phase of things.

Snap out of it man! At this rate, shaving might become a chore.

Back