The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Horizons in Shaving

Last Sunday was kind of cool, in terms of my boring life anyway. I was chilling on the sofa, when my favorite YouTuber popped up doing a live on Spring frags. I’d just been thinking it was time to start using the beautiful Eau Noble, as it’s the perfect springtime scent for me. Well, he decided to let viewers come on and share their spring favorites, he was gracious (foolish?) enough to give me the last spot, for anyone interested.

Last Sunday was kind of cool, in terms of my boring life anyway. I was chilling on the sofa, when my favorite YouTuber popped up doing a live on Spring frags. I’d just been thinking it was time to start using the beautiful Eau Noble, as it’s the perfect springtime scent for me. Well, he decided to let viewers come on and share their spring favorites, he was gracious (foolish?) enough to give me the last spot, for anyone interested.

Really cool!! Plus the frag you introduced sounds awesome!

1649187339905.jpeg

Tallow and Steel Big Haul!

Spent way too much time looking for a good price on a bottle of Le Galion Cologne Nocturne, I wound up getting it, but the shipping cost almost offset the savings. Still, I wanted to get some samples, and they have good policy on them, so decided it was worth it.

Should have a bottle of Narciso Rodriguez for Him EDP arriving tomorrow, just decided to do a blind buy based on reviews, pretty excited.

Reviews forthcoming, like it or not!

View attachment 79614

Tallow and Steel Big Haul!

Spent way too much time looking for a good price on a bottle of Le Galion Cologne Nocturne, I wound up getting it, but the shipping cost almost offset the savings. Still, I wanted to get some samples, and they have good policy on them, so decided it was worth it.

Should have a bottle of Narciso Rodriguez for Him EDP arriving tomorrow, just decided to do a blind buy based on reviews, pretty excited.

Reviews forthcoming, like it or not!
WOW! I've never actually tried anything from them. It must be good if you're buying mass quantities!

Will do anything to hit free shipping quotas!

but yeah, it’s my go to brand, and I’ve been simplifying, so it’s nearly all I use now.
I may have to check them out this summer. What is your favorite scent that they produce? thanks!

I’m really like the Fougeres now, but that’s an LE, hope he keeps them around though.

Sicily is probably the most sure fire, at great Colonia type scent. I’ve probably had 8 or 9 tubs of West Indies though, so it’s probably my favorite, but the wife isn’t as keen.

A lot of life going on, but also seeing some of the big issues starting to finally wrap up, and I can see closure can happen.
More later.

Shaving wise, it’s funny how you can have a razor, that doesn’t give the greatest shaves and then after a long break, something clicks, and you get great shaves from it.
That happened a couple of weeks ago with my Gillette NEW. I always really liked the look and form factor. I’ve seen a lot of people talk poorly abut the bar handle, but for me, it’s probably my favorite handle of all time in the hand.

Anyway, using the Apollo light almost exclusively for a long time now, I really started to improve my ability to find the right angle. A lot of my trouble spots, just became normal spots when I realized I was getting the angle right over them.

I think all that practice just played into being able to shave with the NEW, and one day I just felt like using something different and turned to it. And got a wonderfully close and enjoyable shave.

Been a while since you posted on your journal! Have a fantastic day Cole (well by the time I’m writing this - in your time - your halfway to the day ending)!

Glad you hung onto the NEW and gave it another go!

Also very glad to hear you are soon going to be able to move on and find closure from some big hassles. Improved mental/emotional health is improved everything! 😎👍

Back