The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Horizons in Shaving

1637266930450.jpeg

In the middle of a huge disaster in my company. So haven't had any time, but wanted to post a pic and give big ups to @woodpusher for getting this English Aristocrat out to me. Lovely shaver, one of the best shaves I've had in a while in fact!

I had no idea what to expect, having a Rocket HD, I though the final result would be similar, but for whatever reason this guy just works better on my face than any of the other Gillettes in my collection. Which has become an on again off again relationship.

Anyway, very pleased, and see this as a mainstay in my rotation.

With the year you've had, Cole, it's about time something good happened for you.

There's something special about a solid, well built piece of kit, isn't there?
Hmmmm, maybe I should have test-shaved with one of those #66s before listing them.... Purely for QC purposes, you know. ;)

It seems anytime you hit your lowest level, something good happens to ease the burden.

1) My grail razor. 2nd shave today confirms it. It's just like it's made for my face and hands. Smooth close lasting shave yesterday. Tot eh point that I kept remarking to myself about it.

I mean, for me THE BEST thing about a good shave is feeling that smooth face hours later, and that happens sans any struggle or drama yesterday. Which was great because otherwise that's all the day was!

Even better shave today, so we're onto something good!

Funny my first TTO was a 40's superspeed, and I thought man, I love the feel as I shave, but it's just not close enough, and that handle. That led me to getting a Rocket HD, it was closer, but it bit me, and final result not quite there. Still I held out hope, could an Aristocrat do the job? If not at lest it's so beautiful that it would be ok to acquire. (Even Helena said "Cool!" when she saw it)

Well it does and I'm please as punch :)

2) Took another chance on a cheapie, touted to be one of the best frags ever, Rubbery birth tar leather opening and creamy Rive Gauch pH dry down. Came today, and yes it's all that! Not a powerhouse by any means, but for the price an absolute bargain.

I'll take it guys!

1637328153652.jpeg

For frags…I don’t know, I’ve never really tried a sandalwood focused one before. 🤷‍♂️
dog-thats-so-sad.gif

Smart Helix Apollo Light (Aggressive head)
Nacet blade, last use
Paladin Winston
Tallow and Steel Cognac
Forgot to use aftershave, come on, wake up man!
Ostens Patchouli Heart I

Nice relaxed Sunday. Loving the Cognac soap, such a unique fresh grape scent. The grape aspect has really started to pop after the first use. Will be on permanent rotation going forward.

Chilling out, trying to learn a new WWII Air war focused game. Planning some training over the holiday season. (Only 4 days a week for a bit and not on a diet yay!) Sending the Mrs. my Christmas Wish list. Yes it contains Fragrances!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on cadre :)

Back