The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Horizons in Shaving

Ok? Not sure my journal is the place for such a rant, but it's the internet.
I was responding to several Apple related posts by different members which evidently your journal was appropriate for.

I'll have to dig out one of my Gibbs and the Heritage tribute, has been a while.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Good on you my friend for taking the steps next steps, even if you are apprehensive - these are definitely hard times. Color me impressed.

things I know about ballet:

1. Lynn Swann the greatest wide receiver and 4 time SuperBowl champion did ballet and had spectacular results!

1635865942145.gif

2. When I was in college, the Philadelphia art district had $5 tickets for students to see the ballet or orchestra- I always took advantage of this and for some reason my dates thought I was sophisticated 😀

3. One of my college roommates dated the lead ballerina at the Philadelphia Ballet Company (I don’t know if she had the title of prima) - he took her skiing, she wiped out, ripped several ligaments and tendons, then he broke up with her when they got home. I’m surprised he is alive today. Another roommate married one of the ballet & dance instructors at school - so maybe that balanced out the karma.

1 - I forgot about Lynn Swan, I mean with that name, doing ballet, playing football, he must have been able to take a joke too!

2 - Live ballet is one of my favorites, heck we even go see the Bolshoi live simulcast performances. However no one has said I was sophisticated, so I must be doing something wrong.

I mean I've got the right attire.

beer-tricorn.gif

3 -He broke up with her??? Sounds like the plot to a horror movie. Maybe because I'm a former yoga teacher, I've become friends with many of my ballet teachers, and they tend to be very nice people, not at all the stereotype.

I always wondered if Lynn ever did Swan Lake 😀

Your outfit looks sophisticated to me 😀 Maybe you need to go with a gal from Jersey or Long Island 😆

1635867418023.gif

The breakup was definitely out of character for him - I wonder what went on during the trip - he was a mom, Apple pie, Catholic prim and proper, All American good looks and a Fulbright Scholar. I am surprised though she didn’t beat him to death with her crutches 😂

Last edited:
Today's shave
I did an afternoon shave, after coming back from the vaccination center.
Apollo Light with the Agrro head. It was good to take a break from, just made today's shave all the better, especially since it was late and I just wanted it done.
Probably two more weeks of Kyoto based on the mound left. When soap gets to the point it's a ring around the edge, I scoop it all into the center, seems to pick up more on the brush that way.

Got a flu shot today, the vaccination center is about a 20 minute walk from here, it was sort of fun to walk in the rain, and the nurse had a sense of humor, so I got some fun stickers at the end.

IMG_9736.jpeg

Hey, I guess if a t-shirt is motivation enough to endure 5 days of workouts…a couple car stickers will get people in to have their flu shots! 😂

Hey, I guess if a t-shirt is motivation enough to endure 5 days of workouts…a couple car stickers will get people in to have their flu shots! 😂
I'm pretty sure they are for kids, but I sort of wanted some.
Not feeling like death is all the motivation I need. I've had a couple fo really bad flus here.

1636573515914.jpeg

Terrific shave today thanks to my Underground Reindeer Buddy!

A new T+S soap to me. I've been curious to try it, but was a bit worried with the jasmine content. Thankfully no skin issues at all, just a really cool shave.
As fitting with T+S, the scent is unique, it's not boozy at all, rather, the smell of empty cognac barrels in a musty cellar is what I get, and I rather dig it, perfect for a chilly stormy day here in Helsinki.

I managed my 2nd ballet class after the long hiatus. I was a bit worried after the first one, as I felt my 'bum' knee give a bit in the dynamic jumps across the room last week, and it was a bit swollen for a couple of days after. No problems this week, and really didn't feel much of anything soreness wise already, so that's great.

Had to make some tweaks to the training program to accommodate getting to class, and recovering, so did squats today, and it went super well (for me) and it's really terrific to see some progress happening on a regular basis, in spite of being on a diet.

Back