The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Horizons in Shaving

God what a month, too much to get into in public, but it's been a wild and unpleasant ride, that's not over yet, but I'm making my way out of it.

Highlights are great shaves, and honestly feeling like I'm satisfied with what I have and just enjoying it without feeling I need more. Thanks to @woodpusher for getting the final piece of that puzzle to me.

I've cleared most of the unused items out of the shave den (aka bathroom) and really am getting into the zenification (decluttering) of our living space more than anything.

I'm still waiting on the burial date for my mother's ashes, final papers have been signed and just waiting for an open spot in the mortuary's calendar. Who would know it would take so long?

Well a for good friend of mine in the UK, his family had to keep their parents coffins in their home for a year before they could get them in the ground, so I guess this is nothing compared to that situation!

Otherwise, there's been a fair number of fragrance acquisitions, and for my birthday today, I got a couple I've really been looking forward to from one of my top houses Le Galion, Special for Gentlemen and Eau Nobile.

Special is just a great lavender scent, Fougere type scent. I've picked up a few of late, from Nicolai, Caron, and Tom Ford, and nothing tops Special. It's a pity they raise their prices, but mercifully they had a 20% off holiday sale, and well, list say that was all I put on my Christmas list.

In other news, the MacBook Pro finally arrived last week, for those who are following, ordered back in October. In short, it was worth the wait!
I've decided to go full bore on learning app development, and now that it's here, I'm pretty much spending my days learning to code in SwiftUI, and loving it.

My second birthday gift was a pair of the super fancy Apple AirPods Max. I've been wanting some good over ear noise cancelling headphones for a LONG time. There's a lot of "ambient" noise in our building. Now I can just shut that noise out and focus! It's so great, and I's still getting used to the idea that I can just get up and not fuss with a cord!!!

This is the good part of 21st century living :)

1639997097381.jpeg

Good to see you again, Cole. The details about how long for your mom and your friend's parents would be driving me bonkers if that was me, but at least it now seems to be close to being finalized. Glad you got some new toys to play with. You deserve it.
Thanks Sam!

Glad to see you hanging around. The pic is awesome! Can't tell if you just don't want to smile or if you are practicing you "Blue Steel" look for the runway!

God what a month, too much to get into in public, but it's been a wild and unpleasant ride, that's not over yet,
I can't even imagine what you are going through at a time like this. I am definitely keeping you in my continued thoughts!
but I'm making my way out of it.
Keep on keeping on! You will make it.
I've cleared most of the unused items out of the shave den (aka bathroom) and really am getting into the zenification (decluttering) of our living space more than anything.
I really thought that this aspect wouldn't make much of difference. But in doing so I have come to realize that "decluttering" is not only a positive thing but very therapeutic.
've decided to go full bore on learning app development, and now that it's here, I'm pretty much spending my days learning to code in SwiftUI, and loving it.
Now you just being an inspiration to me! I struggle with diving into things like this especially as I get older. Who knows...maybe I will boost up my computing power as well and take on a tech typ project!
My second birthday gift was a pair of the super fancy Apple AirPods Max. I've been wanting some good over ear noise cancelling headphones for a LONG time. There's a lot of "ambient" noise in our building. Now I can just shut that noise out and focus! It's so great, and I's still getting used to the idea that I can just get up and not fuss with a cord!!!
I know it's not the same thing. But my wife got me some Air Pods Pro earlier this year and just the little bit of noise canceling it has is amazing. I look forward to you talking about your Air Pods Max. I might want to get a pair of those also!

Nice to see an update Cole! Sorry it’s been a rough month for ya. I hope things improve some as we move into the holiday season.

Nice acquisitions! 😍

Christmas fragrances from the lovey ladies (and son) in my life. :)

Le Galion Cuir: A serious leather musk, that I just love. Musky fragrances have really been appealing to me lately, and this is gorgeous.
Le Galion Whip: For the warmer seasons, it's like a niche Aqua Velva, bergamot opening and musky dry down.

Etat Libre d'Orange Eoge du Traitre, I'll try it tomorrow, but reportedly a modern niche version of Caron Yatgan.

and lots of samples!

IMG_9813.jpegIMG_9812.jpeg

Back