The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Horizons in Shaving

Whew, back to the rocket ship, greek/roman god of music and medicine, super razor.
And it was a great shave.

It's a fact, I get way better shaves out of this liquid fuel enhanced vessel.

This morning when I saw my face after yesterdays shave, with a lesser rival, I looked like I could be sleeping on the streets, in comparison to what I've suddenly become accustomed to.

The detail work is just so much better for me with the Apollo. I actually noticed it earlier in the week, when I took a rare selfie, I got a new vest since the temps are dropping and wanted to show it to Helena. I was a bit taken aback at how clean shaven I looked, more than normal, and I'll be honest, I liked it.

This morning when I saw my face after yesterdays shave, with a lesser rival, I looked like I could be sleeping on the streets, in comparison to what I've suddenly become accustomed to.
Dude! I hate when that happens! For some reason when I have too much stubble I start feeling super grungy and greasy…like the stubble attracts and traps extra facial oils. So gross feeling. That’s why I push for BBS every day.

Today's shave
Same razor as always, w/ the aggressive head
Brand new Wizamet blade
Paladin Winston Brush
Declaration Grooming Chaipre Soap
Myrsol Acqua di Limone AS
Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo Fragrance (from a sample)

Thankfully the Wizamet gave me just as good a shave as the Minora blades.

I had a light week of training, and wanted to reorganize the weight closet. Yay, for flat live, yes I store all the weight plates in a closet. It sounds strange, but works out just fine. But the plates banging against the wall can be noisy, so I put foam on all sides and rubber mat bellow.

Looks good, now if only I could put foam around the loud neighbors below us.

1628964601719.jpeg

Super shave today, with the mild plate. Used the Gibbs adjustable yesterday, a nice shave, but more redness for sure.

Getting back to work here today, planning content, next steps to dig out of the hole etc. The holiday did me a lot of good though, feel some positive energy to get after it again.

And speaking of getting after it, I dropped calories this week too. Trying to get rid of a little around the middle. I'm very organized with it this time, trying to learn lessons from the past on how to reduce as many frictions as possible that make low calorie diets a mega drag.

My low calorie / weight loss diet involves trying to gain weight. Perhaps you could see if Sam’s Weightloss Exercise Long Life (SWELL) diet will work for you?

Variety shave today, with a Gillette Canadian Tech.
Very nice shave, techs are misunderstood, this thing is very efficient, and pretty darn smooth as well. Good easy shave, but it feels so safe that I clipped the 'beauty mark' on my cheek, and accidentally tagged the corner of my mouth. However, compared to the HD, this feels so much smoother and easier, it's staying in the keeper pile for sure.

Been getting back to work, just a ton to update and get going. We really need to turn this thing around, or decide to bin the company. I'm voting for the former, I like the work, and am good at it, but it's got to start putting some bread on the table.

I was totally zonked yesterday though, diet, working hard, and scattered, plus leg day training. So got to pace myself as well, I can easily fall to burn out like symptoms if I let the engine rev too much...

Sorry the company is having issues Cole! I know the virus and economy can’t have had all that good of an impact. Hope you can right the boat!

Sorry the company is having issues Cole! I know the virus and economy can’t have had all that good of an impact. Hope you can right the boat!
Thanks Chris, it's been pretty awful for sure, and caused some other really big issues, that I still have to keep close to the chest.
Still have to stay positive, life goes on. I recon your line of work puts a lot of perspective on life's mundane matters.

I just appreciate having somewhere to occasionally let it out a bit, so thanks for that.

Back