The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Horizons in Shaving

It's been a busy last week or so, and not much time to post.

But shaving is going on, and going better than ever.

A few fast shaves lately, today was the Gillette Rocket HD paired with my new favorite blade, the brown box Polsilver. Tallow and Steel West Indies, and spritz of the fragrance that came in the mail today.

Unboxing video below -

Didst thou sayest sandalwood and papyrus oud?! That sounds superb!

Nice mail call Cole!

IMG_8672.jpeg

Another great shave! I haven't used the Canadian Tech in a while, and as usual breaking out an underused razor, I find myself wondering why?

R: Gillette Canadian Tech (via Techchi)
Bd: Wizmet Polsilver (Brown Box)
C: Tallow + Steel Kyoto (2nd run)
Br: Paladin Chief
AS: Myrsol Aqua di Lemon

Secret Sentence: Radiant brothers, diligently continue; boldly, resolutely, always smile.

Kyoto sets the stage with exotic woods and bright earthy citrus, followed by a touch of whimsical candied lemon in aqua di lemon. But once that private flight of fancy has ended, it's time to show a classy face to the world, even though I can silently chuckle at the name, Cedar Woodpecker.

Turning on the news and seeing an increasing degree of madness and polarization, it's nice to be able to take solace in great shaves and scents. A refuge for the weary it is.

--------

Had a good week of training and work. We've set a release date for our app, and this is the culmination of a few years of work, so very excited to see what will come from it. All I know is I'm really proud of what my business partner and myself have been aloe to achieve in making it.

Last edited:
Very nice shave Cole! What handle material is your Chief again?

And congrats on bringing your app to finalization! Quite an accomplishment!

Rz: Gillette late model Tech
Bld: Wizmet Polsilver (new)
S: CBL Veteiver
Br: Paladin Cheif
Bwl: SWK Trio
Mst: Humektan (Finnish dermatological moisturizer)

Secret sentence: Rather bold, said Bobby, but masterful.

Something got my face irritated yesterday, I think it was the blistering wind from our walk, so I went with a mild soap and just used a dab of moisturizer post.

I've been rediscovering my techs, this blade works great in a mild razor. I forget the year on this one, but it's pretty heavy for a tech and feels good in the hand. Great shave.

I had a minor knee tweak on Saturday. It's like walking a knife's edge trying to rehab the knee and just making it angry at me. It's starting to be a familiar song, so no freaking out, just will take it easier this week, record what I did, and next round move there a bit slower next time. But at least, I'm finally seeing some of the muscle I lost after knee surgery attempting to make a comeback, and I feel stronger than in a long time. I really notice it going down the stairs. I'm staring to just walk down normally again, and occasionally even forget I have a bum knee. :)

Ok, time to get back to work, need to update some of our programming for the upcoming release.

Have a good day to the 3 guys that read this. :)

I read you, and I also love a good shave with my Techs!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wooh, the last couple of weeks have been busy, but we finally did it, the app is launched and I feel very proud of the accomplishment.

Of course shaving has been going on, as usual, otherwise my wife wouldn't be talking to me.

SOTD:
Tallow and Steel Orangilla
Gibbs Adjustable w/ Sputnik blade (seems to be a really good match for this razor)
Paladin Winston
Bowl lather

Scent fo the Day: Cedar Woodpecker (totally full bottle worthy, old school class in a bottle!)

This week is sort of a recovery week from the push and I'm totally all over the place focus wise. Which is fine and even fun for a bit.
Of course COVID's dominating the news here, like everywhere. Our area is in a acceleration phase. I miss being comfortable to just go outside. I got a delivery for the home gym yesterday. As Helena and I took the boxes down to the bin room, which like everything in Helsinki, is quite tight, someone came in. I just told the guy to stop and let me out first. It's just a bummer how it feels, that's all.

Thankfully we keep occupied, I'm looking into getting an online coach for a bit to see how that goes, the place I'm looking at has very personalized service. I think it would be good to get that part of my life somewhat out of the vacuum.

I think we'd all feel better if this year just ended. Hang in there, Cole! And congratulations on the launch!

I think we'd all feel better if this year just ended. Hang in there, Cole! And congratulations on the launch!

Totally, I don’t know about you, but for me, I’m able to ‘forget about it’ and then there will be a little occurrence and bam, ‘oh yeah, this is 2020!‘

I’m lucky, I work from home and can mostly just avoid it. You’re out there dealing with it, props to you my man!

Great update Cole! Congrats again in the app launch!

everything in Helsinki, is quite tight, someone came in. I just told the guy to stop and let me out first. It's just a bummer how it feels, that's all.
Oh you’re one of those hm?
E4B4839F-348F-4158-93F2-1AE5F660D672.gif

Just kidding. It’d be great if more people were conscientious of small stuff like that, for everyone’s peace of mind. 👍

IMG_8710.jpeg

SOTD:
Humectan moisturizer
Tallow and Steel West Indies soap + as
Paladin Chief
Gibbs Adjustable - with blade alignment tabs and Clouds handle
Gillette Sputnik

Getting back into the groove with the Gibbs, really liking the Sputnik babes here, it's a heavier razor so too sharp is too much I'm finding.

Seeing as I use T+S soap a lot and am semi sole soaping Morocco, I just leave the remnants in the bowl for next time. The pic of the day are the post shave remnants. I'm not frugal, but living in Finland it's just a PITA to get stuff and now Posti has the gall to charge a fee on top of all the other fees when a package goes through customs.

-------------

I'm starting the coaching process, definitely taking me a little out of my comfort zone, but let's do it. I need to take pics with just my skivvies on. (Don't worry I won't post them here!) Measure almost every part of my body ;) and get that all to them before they actually make up the program.

Helena's nice got married today, so she went to the wedding, of course that makes me super nervous, but I get it. They did have it outdoors, and hopefully are being smart.

Last edited by a moderator:
really liking the Sputnik babes
You got a thing for old Russian satellites??? 🧐:unsure::ROFLMAO:

I hope everything turns out just fine for your partner. I certainly felt the same way for the longest time, but I'm starting to feel like my county has gotten over the hump. I know it's a different continent with different cultures, but I hope people are doing everything they can to not make things worse.

Back