The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New Horizons in Shaving

IMG_8575.jpeg

2nd use of Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness.

As predicted, the 2nd use was much better than the first, scent wise. Performance is superb for me.

@NurseDave if you want to use this more, there's a trick I learned, leave the tub uncapped overnight and the scent mellows and blends. Today's use wasn't funky at all and I could actually get the coffee, woods, and smoke notes.

The aftershave, thankfully was just fine, I was afraid to use it on my first trial.

-------

I decided I couldn't wait any longer, so did some Googling yesterday and found that Eleiko, a renown fitness company in Sweden, is making a new home gym line, and actually has it in stock. Not only that, but it should be better than what I originally ordered months back for the most part.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's here next week.

Glad the funk calmed down today...nice shave Cole! Hope this equipment order comes through for you!

IMG_8577.jpeg

I didn't 't think Ryan would make this again, but I'm glad he did! He made a couple of tweaks on the scent, and the yuzu really pops now. Smells just like the citrus trees in our backyard in California. Love it.

---------

Helena flew up to Lapland today for work. We bought some N95 masks for the trip, and a box of surgical masks. Did some trial mask fitting runs before she left. Now it's just up to fate. Thankfully our numbers are still low, but the country is on edge getting ready for the rebound.

Though I suppose Finland has done well, it's been completely indecisive when it comes to masks and as a result there are very few people using them. Even public transportation has no requirements or even recommendations to my knowledge.

Thankfully Finnair is requiring them to fly at least.

An airline here just announced mandatory masking. I'm grateful but was shocked. I mean, what have they been doing all this time?? Operating flying petri dishes??

I've yet to try the T&S, but have heard good things about it. Love the razor; do you know what year it is?

I've yet to try the T&S, but have heard good things about it. Love the razor; do you know what year it is?

If you try it, just be sure to get a 'safe scent' to start with. It's great soap for me, it's been my go to since I first tried it back in the day.

The Rocket HD is 1953-54. I love it when I want a brainless, fun, easy shave. The English made Gillettes have a nice weight to them.

Took the day off from shaving today. I need to look rugged for the home gym delivery tomorrow.

We took our usual Sunday walk, it was madness out there. The beach was packed people everywhere. We did our best to keep distance, but there were moments were it was absolutely impossible. To make matters worse the city has a has a lot of the sidewalks blocked off, so you're forced to walk in the crowd.We did out best to just stand and wait for the traffic to thin out.

Thankfully it was pretty windy, which helps as I understand.

IMG_8615.jpeg

All the long comb / short comb talk got me to break this bad boy out today. Actually a really terrific shave, and I'm going to bring the SC back into my regular rotation. I love the angle on this razor, the head is so flat that it's a really different shave experience and for some reason it always make me think of shaving with a straight.

The Sputnik blade has an undeserved bad reputation, it's a terrific sharp and smooth blade for me. If there were an issue it would be longevity, but the fact that they are cheap as chips mitigates that. Unlike Russia's latest Sputnik, this one is guaranteed to work.

Back