The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My story, I’m sticking to it. Bill

Blackland Vector vs Go Dallah

PAA SS, AS splash & star jelly
Simpsons Emperor 3
Blackland Vector, Feather ProGuard (2)
Official TSC shave uniform
Talc cannon high performance duster

oh, and the China Sheffield Shapeshifter Special

4CA6FDF8-5E16-4D75-B3AD-B0CC0188EEC3.jpeg

If you can’t guess who wins the showdown, you’ll have to catch the vid
Post in thread 'Bill TV'
Bill TV

While working on today’s posts I got to wondering who the face on the Et Tu label is. I figure it could be that famous promoter of the original inspiration for this scent. My parents had friends who were HUGE Baltimore Colts fans and had totally decorated their basement with team memorabilia. When Broadway Joe Namath totally cleaned our clock in Super Bowl III, Charles reportedly threw a destructive rampage to all his prized decorations. I have totally forgiven him for this transgression and have an will always love Brut.

Have a great week all

Blackland Vector vs Go Dallah

PAA SS, AS splash & star jelly
Simpsons Emperor 3
Blackland Vector, Feather ProGuard (2)
Official TSC shave uniform
Talc cannon high performance duster

oh, and the China Sheffield Shapeshifter Special

View attachment 78878

If you can’t guess who wins the showdown, you’ll have to catch the vid
Post in thread 'Bill TV'
Bill TV

While working on today’s posts I got to wondering who the face on the Et Tu label is. I figure it could be that famous promoter of the original inspiration for this scent. My parents had friends who were HUGE Baltimore Colts fans and had totally decorated their basement with team memorabilia. When Broadway Joe Namath totally cleaned our clock in Super Bowl III, Charles reportedly threw a destructive rampage to all his prized decorations. I have totally forgiven him for this transgression and have an will always love Brut.

Have a great week all
And you have the correct handle for the Vector - Bravo!

Notoriously Gonged

6/8+ Vintage Wald Solingen Gong Rasor
Stirling suds, stank, birdbath and badger fur. Tuscany flavor OTD
Powder puffed by the Max Headroom Talc Cannon

DA688055-A98F-41EE-B062-C1AD45BE2A06.jpeg

Delightful shave with a vintage piece rescued and cleaned by Roger Hensley. Honed by me in the some places, scorned method I use.

For your viewing enjoyment, Video posted
Post in thread 'Bill TV'
Bill TV

New French Razor

Pre de Province No.63
Stirling Badger brush & Campania AS
Rasoir Sabre France, 6/8 Gustave Lalune, Veni Vidi Vinci

While shopping for a soft Arkansas stone I decided to buy a razor too.
Here is the vid of me shaping that stone.

I have 2 other razors from this source. This exceptional craftsman has relocated his business to his home country of Turkey. This was one of the last sets of production pieces mfg’d in France. Made in 52100 steel known for tensile strength and edge durability. Ertan Süer is known for his abilities in grinding thin and sells razors with instructions that they not be re-honed when retailing. My other two examples stood up to his reputation. For whatever reason, I requested further honing on this one.

The soap was a wonderful gift from @Scuttlesoap when we got together. A please to use for sure.

While I can’t be sure if it was actually re-honed or not, I wasn’t happy with my results on the first 2 strokes and switched over it’s family member the My Proud Steed.

The shave was concluded with the normal delight this gear delivers.

Next honing session will include this piece and the new convexed Ark.

AB78E343-7D12-4AE9-8D64-144F5C6951D8.jpeg

4BA3B101-9077-4176-A339-3EBBF886792D.jpeg

Wishing everyone a great week.

Sorry gang, overtime at work, learning about and meal prep for a ketogenic lifestyle are drastically cutting into my shave hobby.

Good news, I think I can do this.
For the first time in my conscious memory I’ve gone a week with zero sugar and zero starches.

Stats…
Weight is down
Water consumption is at least double (PP follows)
Blood glucose is down
The Doc’s letter did not contain prescriptions for drugs I do not wish to start up on.
BP is down
Bloating is down
Energy is up

The bad news….I’m still fat and ugly. It might take a while to change what I’ve been building for 64 years. And…..I might have to invest in some more shave soap to insure a lifetime supply.

Thanks for your support gang!

Back