The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My story, I’m sticking to it. Bill

The Type 2 Hobo Straight Shave

TI 7/8 Oakwing 188
Joe Hackett Suds, Brush, Bowl and Stank…Glacial Lemony Orange

4A9C4601-D23D-42DC-83D0-17F2DC0E53CF.jpeg

Don’t ask when I last shaved. I’m guilty of despicable behavior for one with a shave hobby.

Holding at 20-30 carbs a day.
Never thought I’d like spinach in any form let alone raw by the handfuls.
Weight off by 5#, wish I hadn’t thrown out all those ‘slimmer days’ clothes.
Water consumption at about a gallon a day. Bladder seems to hold more these days and I’m starting to remember what peeing like a race horse feels like.
Realized that I’d lost feeling in my feet that is now returning.
Energy level is up. Don’t feel so puffy.
BP steady and good.
Glucose trending down.

Found Carb Manager app to be the ideal aid

Here is the shave vid
Post in thread 'Bill TV'
Bill TV

TI 7/8 Oakwing 188

View attachment 84048

Don’t ask when I last shaved. I’m guilty of despicable behavior for one with a shave hobby.

Water consumption at about a gallon a day. Bladder seems to hold more these days and I’m starting to remember what peeing like a race horse feels like.
BP steady and good.
Glucose trending down.

Here is the shave vid
Post in thread 'Bill TV'
Bill TV
Quick turnaround.

TI 7/8 Oakwing 188

View attachment 84048

BP steady and good.
Glucose trending down.

Here is the shave vid
Post in thread 'Bill TV'
Bill TV
Carb manager works really well! Good job man!

BP steady and good.
Glucose trending down.

This...right here. Good work, brother. We get to see more of you by seeing less OF you.

Saturday Shave

Joe Hackett bowl, suds and stank, Triumph flavored.
Simpsons Emperor 2 brush
Supply V2, polished SS, 2 dot plate, Schick Proline (3)

Attachments

• 65EC372C-A9CA-4B3A-A773-A2A040CE75EF.jpeg
    65EC372C-A9CA-4B3A-A773-A2A040CE75EF.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 4
Original posted before completion……here is the real deal

Saturday Shave

Joe Hackett bowl, suds and stank, Triumph flavored.
Simpsons Emperor 2 brush
Supply V2, polished SS, 2 dot plate, Schick Proline (3)
8CB527FD-436D-43C6-8BA7-576E6449ED66.jpeg

Great shave.

The collapsible doggy don’t quaff your food so much bowl is the top instrument in the line up. Ugly, but 2nd to none.

Nothing needs to be said about my love for Stirling stuff.

I bought the Emperor 2 brush early in my journey because I wanted a Simpsons super badger. It was a mistake not to buy the Emperor 3 in the beginning. I like the handle style and if they made an Emperor 4 I’d get one. No need for me to get a 1 though.

I delayed getting a Supply Razor for a long time, but FOMO got me when it was planned to phase out of SS. I don’t regret not getting a whole set of plates, but I’ll probably get the new SE comb type plate and some of their black blades.

Blood sugar still trending down
BP is down
Weight is down
Hunger is satisfied
I feel better with more energy
I’m glad the Doc didn’t start meds beforehand.

Those on the Zoom, see you Sunday.

To all Happy Memorial Day. To those who made the sacrifices, thank you.

TI 7/8 Oakwing 188

View attachment 84048

BP steady and good.
Glucose trending down.

Here is the shave vid
Post in thread 'Bill TV'
Bill TV
How is the grind on these 7/8 TI razors? I have a new production 6/8 full hollow. This has a little thicker grind then I prefer. I have a older 7/8 that is ground thinner. This sits right in the sweetspot for me. I want to get a new 7/8, but if it is ground the way my 6/8 is I am not sure.

How is the grind on these 7/8 TI razors? I have a new production 6/8 full hollow. This has a little thicker grind then I prefer. I have a older 7/8 that is ground thinner. This sits right in the sweetspot for me. I want to get a new 7/8, but if it is ground the way my 6/8 is I am not sure.
All of the TI razors I selected to buy are advertised by the vendor to be Extra Full Hollow.

On the TI website I think they use classifications such as half hollow, hollowed, and “singing hollowed”. I believe all my inventory to be in the “singing hollowed” category.

While very thin, I don’t think they have the same flexing other razors with similar thin grinds have. I presume the very high carbon content of the steel and molten lead hardening process unique to them has something to do with it.

All of the TI razors I selected to buy are advertised by the vendor to be Extra Full Hollow.

On the TI website I think they use classifications such as half hollow, hollowed, and “singing hollowed”. I believe all my inventory to be in the “singing hollowed” category.

While very thin, I don’t think they have the same flexing other razors with similar thin grinds have. I presume the very high carbon content of the steel and molten lead hardening process unique to them has something to do with it.
Thank you for your reply Bill.
I think the most important factor that effects the flexibility is the grind.
The only factor that can effect the flexibility of the steel is the elastic modules of the steel. This will not be all that different from steel to steel in the 59 to lower 60 HR range. It might be enough to make a difference.
Regardless of why they feel a little stiffer, they are grate:)
I am looking for an excuse to get one. With the current inflation rate I might just get one while I can still afford it:)
Straightoholic is that a condition:)

Thank you for your reply Bill.
I think the most important factor that effects the flexibility is the grind.
The only factor that can effect the flexibility of the steel is the elastic modules of the steel. This will not be all that different from steel to steel in the 59 to lower 60 HR range. It might be enough to make a difference.
Regardless of why they feel a little stiffer, they are grate:)
I am looking for an excuse to get one. With the current inflation rate I might just get one while I can still afford it:)
Straightoholic is that a condition:)
Straightoholic…..
Love it!

Back