The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May Shave Themes - Flowers, Forest, and Fruit, AND/OR Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations

5 May, 2020

I had a nice visit in the Irish highlands yesterday but I'm back in the islands again today! Coconut, pineapple, lime, Bay Rum..

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / RazoRock "Caribbean Holiday" Shave Soap / PAA "The Green Ray" 24mm Synth / 1961 Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Ogallala "Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns" Splash / PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum EdP

IMG-3305.jpg

Went all in on the Lime today.... oh wait and There’s Lemon too!

View attachment 23082
giphy.gif

Today's shave was with my first Lisa's Natural sample: Tashmere.

The scent is very light... But nice nonetheless. As I believe I posted before, I get a hint of mint in there.

The performance was good, but not the best. I initially started off with too little soap and had to adjust my lather with a dollop more. Still, it worked out fairly well. I am not certain but I want to say the original clay formula might have been a bit more protecting? I guess I will find out soon enough. Nonetheless, I think my second shave with it will be a bit better as I know how it loads, etc.

Same setup as before: GC 84 with a BIC Chrome Platinum. I've been quite happy with this setup (so far). [emoji106]
43204b8b4468cc3fe49973a5336c0138.jpg

Sent from my Speak and Spell via Tapatalk

6 May, 2020

Rush shave this morning before heading to the hospital for my injections. Went with Fine's "Aquamarine" & "M&L Florida Water".. THe soap is my go-to-in-a-hurry soap and I wanted to try the splash since i was new. It's light scent wouldn't be too out of place at the hospital.

Notes from today's shave; lemon, sweet orange, oakmoss, driftwood from the soap and bergamot, neroli, lemon, lavender, rose & orange flower from the splash (other notes as well but these apply to the month's shave theme).

Fine "Aquamarine" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" synth brush / 1961 Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / M&L Florida Water splash

IMG-3323.jpg

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (6th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Weekend in Malibu
Brush: TSC Second Anniversary Brush
The Penultimate Aftershave: UACowboy's Osage Mix
The Ultimate Aftershave: Stirling - Weekend in Malibu

1588855728908.png

This was last might's shave. Just before the TSC Social Distancing Call. I think I rushed it a bit becasue I ended up with a neck that looked like the chainsaw scene from Scarface! There was a good bit of blood on my neck...but the I didn't even know I nicked my self...several times...until I saw the blood after the shave. I guess the Feather is going strong. Pulled out the Weekend in Malibu because this stuff is a perfect warm weather scent. And with notes of citrus and lily of the valley...this stuff fits the shave theme for May perfectly! Of course the sandalwood and the vanilla round it out for a type of aquatic and slightly floral scent. I used Kyle's Osage Mix for the first time last night and I did a George Takei...

1588854893308.png

That is some good stuff with the nice brisk feel of Osage Rub. I think he puts some good stuff in it also, like aloe and witch hazel. I have a request for ingredients from the maker himself in hopes I can replicate this stuff when I finish the bottle. But even after Kyle's Osage mix...and even though I am home with just the wife...a man has to smell good. So...copious amounts of Weekend in Malibu splash went on! I did get the comment from the wife while sitting down for dinner..."Don...I like that aftershave you are using...and it might just be the pregnancy...but you are STRONG today."

7 May, 2020

Good morning all! Today's shave brought to you by Phoenix Shaving's "Black Bot" and Avon's "Öland". Great combination with (in addition to muck) bergamot, lavender, oakmoss & cedar from the soap couples with the bay leaf, woody, tobacco scent from the splash.

Hope everyone has a great day!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Black Bot" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1970 Gillette Super
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Vintage Avon "Öland" Splash

IMG-3329.jpg

Love your Öland bottle @MarkB !

Ok, here’s today’s shave. This stuff is blended so nicely, the rosewood is dark and intoxicating!

And @BarberDave, here’s a couple things we were talking about last night.... The HIRAM razor, and the Nacet blade (in the brush, lol)
View attachment 23275
Nice looking brush @Spider . That makes it a triple edge shave, right? One in the razor, 2 in the brush?

Sent from my Speak and Spell via Tapatalk

Love your Öland bottle @MarkB !

Ok, here’s today’s shave. This stuff is blended so nicely, the rosewood is dark and intoxicating!

And @BarberDave, here’s a couple things we were talking about last night.... The HIRAM razor, and the Nacet blade (in the brush, lol)
View attachment 23275
Looked at the site last night. Am i correct is seeing the head is the same across the line?

Looked at the site last night. Am i correct is seeing the head is the same across the line?
As far as I’m aware, yes. The Oren came with 3. I tried them all and there was barely a difference to me. I’m sure that’s why the Hiram only has one. The Hiram is much heavier, borrowing the handle design from the Cobra, but making it even cooler!

As far as I’m aware, yes. The Oren came with 3. I tried them all and there was barely a difference to me. I’m sure that’s why the Hiram only has one. The Hiram is much heavier, borrowing the handle design from the Cobra, but making it even cooler!
Thanks i am leaning that way

Back