The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May Shave Themes - Flowers, Forest, and Fruit, AND/OR Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations

Today I went for Lilac Vegetal!

Prep: Hot shower, Ach Brito Glyce Soap, Proraso Red Pre-shave cream
Razor: Paradigm Diamondback
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: WCS Silvertip Badger
Post-shave: Osma Tradition Alum Block, cold water rinse
After-Shave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
FatVeg. An excellent choice.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (5th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw - Agrumi in Estate
Brush: TSC First Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino ( @Smattayu )
The Ultimate Aftershave: Wholly Kaw - Agrumi in Estate

1588596706752.png

I haven't used this soap and aftershave combo in quite a while. And man is it a good one! For some reason I was thinking this soap base was a thirsty one and thus a little harder to lather. Nope...not this soap. It lathered quicker than a knife fight in a phone booth! And the lather is really smooth, rich and creamy. All this and it is still pretty slick!

If I had a quick sniff of this soaps I might tell you it smells like lemon drops...the candy...but not so sugary. But a closer inspection and this is a bright citrus scent. Not any one citrus in particular...just generally citrus. It is almost reminiscent of lemon grass...but more of the fruit! When researching the soap...this is what I found in the way of scent notes..."notes of lemon, lime and white grapefruit on a base of vetiver, patchouli, cedarwood and labdanum." So lemon grass isn't all that far off I think.

This is my fifth shave with the Feather blade and it is going strong. This blade seems to be shaving better now than it did when I first put it in the razor. I'm going to see how long it lasts while still providing a good shave. It may be that I just start buying feathers.

The shave was fantastic! I wouldn't call it BBS...because I rarely have one of those...but this shave is pretty damn good. Better than most.

Finalized the morning shave ritual with an aftershave of the same name. And though very few will will be fortunate enough to sniff the wafting fragrance that is me...I still doused myself appropriately. As if I want the whole world to shave in the glory of my aftershave!

4 May, 2020

Green Irish Tweed is one of my all-time favorite scents and it checks all of the boxes for this month's shave theme; lemon, verbena, violet leaves, iris & sandalwood.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Twee!" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" 26mm Synth Brush / 1961 Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Sharp Dressed Man" After Shave Splash / Creed GIT EdP

IMG-3299.jpg

Happy Star Wars Day.... May the 4th be with You!
Where were you on that theme @dangerousdon ??

Each item of my shave today represents a character......

Razor: Vector - Luke Skywalker (Lightsaber)
Brush: Sorrentino Count Luka Brassi - Darth Vader
Soap: LNHC Haute Leather - Han Solo (this is what I imagine his leather jacket smells like)
AS: Vintage Lilac Vegetal - Yoda (very strong with The Force)

C2EF94F7-8DCB-4129-A5D6-59D73F7CC2F7.jpeg

Where were you on that theme @dangerousdon ??
Eh...not a big Star Wars guy. 🤪 If you guys wan ta specific theme you have to let me know and remind me!

Soap: LNHC Haute Leather - Han Solo (this is what I imagine his leather jacket smells like)
That's not what I think his leather jacket smells like. More like sweat and wet dog (or Wookie)

By the way...didn't he were a vest more often than a jacket?

Purity?! BWAHAAHAAHAA!!! Did you actually watch the movies?

AS: Vintage Lilac Vegetal - Yoda (very strong with The Force)

And GREEN!

That's not what I think his leather jacket smells like. More like sweat and wet dog (or Wookie)

By the way...didn't he were a vest more often than a jacket?
Purity?! BWAHAAHAAHAA!!! Did you actually watch the movies?
The theme is highly interpretive. Meaning, if you think it fits the theme...then it does. No one is going to argue with you
Well look who’s being critical of a theme now! And ultra critical for someone who is admittedly not a big Star Wars fan!

Back