The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May Shave Themes - Flowers, Forest, and Fruit, AND/OR Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations

1 May, 2020

First day of the new month.. First day of the new shave theme. So (of course) I have to go with lime!! ;)

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling Soap Co. "Margarita's In the Arctic" Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" 26mm Plissoft
1961 Gillette Fat Boy / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Margarita's In the Arctic" After Shave Splash

IMG-3271.jpg

Murphy and McNeil Naid
A fairly strong scent of Mango and Freesia. This soap screams SPRING. Unfortunately, the weather outside screams DREARY. Ooh well, the shave was awesome, at least. [emoji106]
b8408d579926ac748d66c7cf5669eb44.jpg

Sent from my TRS-80 using Tapatalk

Went with the Neroli scented PAA Planet 9 AS for my floral element today

Razor: Paradigm Diamondback
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Thater Synthetic
After-Shave: PAA Planet 9

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think this soap fits:
Contains woody notes of Agarwood, Oud resin, Tonka Bean, Vanilla Bean, Amber, Rose and Sandalwood.

Saturday May 2, 2020
2020 Shave # 130 ( 544 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Lupo
Blade: ASCO (6)
Brush: SV 2.0 Bamboo
Soap: Dragonsbeard
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Dragonsbeard
Fragrance: Prada Luna Rossa Black
IMG_20200501_212425502.jpg

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creation - One
Brush: TSC Member Brush in Finest Badger by Eric Sorrentino ( @Smattayu )
The Ultimate Aftershave: Reuzel - Citrus and Sandalwood

1588424609623.png

I meant to have this shave yesterday but got busy with work and work around the house! But this morning, before the wife gets up and the dogs stir (okay...the dogs already stirred...that's what got me up in the first place...the Danger Hounds were hungry) I showered and set some time aside for a nice relaxing shave. The shave theme of the month is "Flowers, Forest, and Fruit" or Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations. So I went with the LNHC. This is only my second time I have used this soap. Scented after the very famous Dolce & Gabbana "The One," this soap is a really nice scent indeed! I think I actually under-loaded the soap this morning, but still ended up with a nice slick protective lather. Three passes with the Progress and the Feather blade and I am almost as smooth as the behind of a baby's butt.

In the aftershave department I decided to go with something that I haven't used in a while. Reuzel is known famously for their pomade, but they have other products also. I have their Citrus and Sandalwood, which is their take on a Barbershop scent. It's nice and clean. This aftershave doesn't stay with you very long and it doesn't project, which is good since the wife's sense of smell lately has been overly sensitive. But the juice is nice an moisturizing and the scent compliments Lisa's Soap.

Back