The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May 2023 Grand Sumo Tournament Contest and Discussion

After watching today's Match, It seemed pretty clear he didn't have his head in the game. No fight left in him.

It is official, Tochi has retired according to Tachiai.org

Hey fellas,
I’m not ghosting you, I promise. I was involved in an incident at work on 5 April. Spent a week in the hospital and still home recovering.
Sounds like a good Basho. I will try and catch up today if that’s a possibility.

Hey fellas,
I’m not ghosting you, I promise. I was involved in an incident at work on 5 April. Spent a week in the hospital and still home recovering.
Sounds like a good Basho. I will try and catch up today if that’s a possibility.
Oh my gosh, Adam, that's terrible! Praying for a quick recovery!!! God bless

Oh my gosh, Adam, that's terrible! Praying for a quick recovery!!! God bless
In answer to the Geisha question..
Nowadays, there are just 1,000 geisha left in Japan, most of whom live and work predominantly in Tokyo and Kyoto. These modern geisha tend to remain within their district, where they're treated with the utmost respect by Japanese locals, and not approached for photos or conversation
Can you shoot me the link to the basho? That or I’ll check youtube

In answer to the Geisha question..
Nowadays, there are just 1,000 geisha left in Japan, most of whom live and work predominantly in Tokyo and Kyoto. These modern geisha tend to remain within their district, where they're treated with the utmost respect by Japanese locals, and not approached for photos or conversation
Can you shoot me the link to the basho? That or I’ll check youtube
Natto is the place to watch, but unfortunately, the videos don't stay up long, because NHK will strike the channel for copywrite.

Natto is the place to watch, but unfortunately, the videos don't stay up long, because NHK will strike the channel for copywrite.
That sucks. I see he only has day 6 up right now. I didn't realize he was deleting them.

I was involved in an incident at work on 5 April. Spent a week in the hospital and still home recovering.
Dang hope you're doing better. Should have lots of time to catch up on Sumo though, right?

You can watch the top division here. I don't think they post videos for Juryo. But also, they are a day behind on their videos, so you can only watch Day 1-5 there right now.

Just watched the match between
Myogiryu and Yorikiri. That was a damn marathon. Are matches going longer these days?

Back