The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May 2023 Grand Sumo Tournament Contest and Discussion

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
Alright it is time! The tourney starts on 5/14. So I will close entries on 5/13, unless there is day 1 drops then I will re-open if you selected the dropped wrestler. If you pick a wrestler and they drop after day 1 you are sadly out of luck.

Here is the form:

You will notice the first two questions seem weird. But with the drop of Waka who is Komusubi that leaves us with two. And since most would argue that the yokozuna and ozeki are weak combining the 3 ranks into one category covers only 4 wrestlers.

The rest follows similar format.

Winning prize is TBD.

Picks:

TSC UsernameYokozuna, Ozeki, KomusbiSekiwakeM1 to M4M5 to M8M9 to M12M13 to M17J1 to J5J6 to J10J11 to J14
MajorrichTerunofujiWakamotoharuNishikigiKinbozanRyudenAsanoyamaAzumaryuAtamifujiHidenoumi
UacowboyKotonowakaKiribayamaTobizaruKotoshohoRyudenAsanoyamaTohakuryuOchiaiTomokaze
BarberDaveTakakeishoDaieshoUraTakanoshoAoiyamaIchiyamamotoEnhoChiyomaruTamashoho
CVargoTerunofujiDaieshoNishikifujiKotoshohoTakarafujiAsanoyamaGonoyamaOchiaiFujiseiun
Luecke3262TerunofujiKiribayamaNishikifujiKinbozanHokuseihoAsanoyamaGonoyamaOchiaiTokihayate
SpiderTerunofujiHoshoryuTobizaru KinbozanOnoshoAsanoyamaGonoyamaOchiaiChiyosake
FensterTerunofujiHoshoryuAbiMitakeumiHiradoumiIchiyamamotoShonannoumiAtamifujiTomokaze

Last edited:
I wish I studied more. Some interesting picks to shake things up a bit, or ensure my absolute failure.

mine are done, again Greyhound Racing method... Whomever took a dump in the paddock wins

First two days of matches look fire! Especially day 1. Can Shodai do to Teru on Day 1 like he did Takakeisho on day 1 of last tourney.

Excellent day 1! I really liked the overhead camera, it provided a new perspective and was very welcome.

Back