The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May 2023 Grand Sumo Tournament Contest and Discussion

So this was the first Basho I’ve seen in years. I thought it was a good one to start back with. Mainly just getting my feet wet again as I know none of Rikishi.
I like Jason’s commentary but somebody already mentioned that he only posts like one bout a day. I did find Natto and one or two others. I like Jason because it’s in english and he brings a lot of knowledge in his commentary.
The watch party’s this go round were bad times for me.
Yes, it's unfortunate that NHK started cracking down on English speaking contributors and deleted all Jason's videos on Youtube. Natto is my preferred source for sumo because he has all the wrestler stats for each day. Unfortunately, again, Natto's channels get deleted because NHK files copywrite claims, but luckily Natto pops back up. We'll have at least one watch party for the July basho! I hope you can make it!

Yes, it's unfortunate that NHK started cracking down on English speaking contributors and deleted all Jason's videos on Youtube. Natto is my preferred source for sumo because he has all the wrestler stats for each day. Unfortunately, again, Natto's channels get deleted because NHK files copywrite claims, but luckily Natto pops back up. We'll have at least one watch party for the July basho! I hope you can make it!
And they aren't in English

I'd say that Terinofuji's theme song for this Basho could be summed up with this SNL short. It seems most of his wins ended with this finish.

Back