The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Thor: Ragnarock was definitely my favorite of the three! But to be honest...I am a sucker for all these movies and really I don't think there is one I don't like.

I keep seeing the Captain Marvel Trailers and I am REALLY wanting to see that one!

I'm still on Iron Man 3 lol. I liked all the Thor movies, but have to be say that Thor:Ragnarok also made me a little angry. They took probably my favorite Hulk story arc from the comics(Planet Hulk) and made it all about Thor.
BTW, they made a more than passable animated movie from it, so check out Planet Hulk if you get a chance.

I'm still on Iron Man 3 lol. I liked all the Thor movies, but have to be say that Thor:Ragnarok also made me a little angry. They took probably my favorite Hulk story arc from the comics(Planet Hulk) and made it all about Thor.
BTW, they made a more than passable animated movie from it, so check out Planet Hulk if you get a chance.

You are not the first person to recommend Planet Hulk...I'll need to find a copy of the comic.

You are not the first person to recommend Planet Hulk...I'll need to find a copy of the comic.

If you go with the comic instead of the animated film, check out the follow up arc as well; World War Hulk was outstanding.

Last night we watched Winter Soldier. This one could have been better in my opinion

You guys with your criticisms and your judgments and your fancy coffee and all...
1f60b.png
That movie was awesome! Yeah, there may have been an issue or an inconsistency...but Winter Soldier was BOSS!

Seeing the post bumped reminded me - Ant Man and The Wasp is out on Netflix now, going to try and watch it with the family this weekend.

Seeing the post bumped reminded me - Ant Man and The Wasp is out on Netflix now, going to try and watch it with the family this weekend.

I know the Ant Man movies are not favorites of a lot of fans...but to be honest...I really find them fun! They don't really take themselves all that serious and just decent entertainment I thought.

Seeing more trailers for Captain Marvel and man...I hope that movie isn't all hype! It looks amazing!

Personally on the rewatch I felt WS could have been way better. I don't think they did as good of job with that one

Man you guys are just a bunch of Debbie Downers! How much can you expect from an uber franchised series of movies based on comic books! I took a class in college where we disected comic books and graphic novels and tried to find the ontological meanings in them and to tell you the truth...it kind of ruined comics for me. Just watch the damn movies and enjoy them...
1f60b.png

PS...I realized this comes across angry...I am mostly just kidding...but not really...sort of...it's not at all that serious...kind of...but yeah...
1f60e.png

Man you guys are just a bunch of Debbie Downers! How much can you expect from an uber franchised series of movies based on comic books! I took a class in college where we disected comic books and graphic novels and tried to find the ontological meanings in them and to tell you the truth...it kind of ruined comics for me. Just watch the damn movies and enjoy them....

PS...I realized this comes across angry...I am mostly just kidding...but not really...sort of...it's not at all that serious...kind of...but yeah...

I'm glad I never took that class lol. I enjoy all of them, even the ones that make me angry for whatever reason(stupid Thor:Ragnarok!). I really liked both Ant Man movies, mostly because they are very tongue-in-cheek with the more serious parts of the plot sitting in the back seat for most of the movie.

If it is comic book based I will at least watch it, even the atrocity called The Hulk they made in 2003, and including the TV shows, though I've fallen way behind on several of those.

One of my favorite comic books back in my collecting days was Deadpool, so I will leave you with one of my favorite panels from Deadpool #1.

I know the Ant Man movies are not favorites of a lot of fans...but to be honest...I really find them fun! They don't really take themselves all that serious and just decent entertainment I thought.

Seeing more trailers for Captain Marvel and man...I hope that movie isn't all hype! It looks amazing!

Yes, at first I thought some of the movies were a bit over the top with humor, but I like the trend their taking with it now. Ant Man is probably the most noticeable when it comes to humor and one liners, but Guardians of the Galaxy, Venom, Spiderman, Thor, etc, they’ve all taken quite a lighthearted turn to balance some of the storyline.

I think this is helping further distinguish themselves from DC movies, which are maintaining a down, dirty, gritty, seriousness.

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy. What a fun film. So many hidden gems for the other movies and the music is fantastic

Not working my way through the list but i did just watch Antman and Wasp. very much enjoyed it.

I went and saw Aquaman with the wife last night...wait...oh...Aquaman isn't part of the MCU?

You mean you watched Aquaman and your wife WATCHED Aquaman

Yeah...that is really is more accurate. While there is some eye candy for us guys in the movie...I really just sat there and felt very inferior as a man! I expect that it was much the same when we went to see Wonder Woman...with roles reversed that is.

Back