The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Marvel Cinematic Universe

I forgot about Venom! I heard a lot of people didn't like it...but to be honest...I don't EVER listen to what the majority of people think about movies!

Venom isn't part of Disney's MCU. That's why I didn't include it here.

Started to watch venom but wasn't able to finish it. A little too rated R for my taste.

Kids in bed, home from the basketball game. Watching Incredible Hulk. Yes it's the worst out of the whole series in my opinion, but not a bad film

I do think the current Hulk (Ruffalo ?) has played him best so far. Before he came along though I preferred Norton’s Hulk as opposed to Banana’s.

Little behind but will get caught up. Watching iron Man 2 tonight

Sitting down and watching Thor. Personally I've always liked the Thor movies.

Watched infinity war twice this weekend to make sure I saw the ending right and didn’t dream it up.

I think the thing that really killed that movie for me was the inconsistency they used portraying Thanos. One on one with no infinity stones, Thanos is able to defeat the Hulk. He has survived a black hole in the comics. All without the infinity gauntlet. He has defeated Hulk numerous times in the comics, and is shown doing so again in the beginning of the movie. Also he defeats Thor in the movie.

Then near the end of the movie, after obtaining all of the infinity stones including the power stone to augment his already incredible strength, he has a punch stopped by Captain freaking America....... Seriously!?!?!

Cap is a very strong human, even stronger in the movies than in the comics. I get that. But Thanos is not only a Titan, but the strongest Titan. His base strength is on par with Zeus and dang close to if not the same as Odin. In the comics he has backhanded Cap's shield and broke it. He broke the freaking tesseract in the movie! So even if you separate the comics from the movie, there's still no way.

It was just a stupid thing to put in there. Stupid things like that really bug me. I hate the "just because he's a good guy" crap.

At least they didn't do that in Strange. My 2 favorite villains are Thanos and Dormamu. There was no way Strange could defeat Dormamu so he tricked him. I can live with that. The Cap thing I can't. It was just ridiculous.

Sorry.... Rant over....

I think the thing that really killed that movie for me was the inconsistency they used portraying Thanos. One on one with no infinity stones, Thanos is able to defeat the Hulk. He has survived a black hole in the comics. All without the infinity gauntlet. He has defeated Hulk numerous times in the comics, and is shown doing so again in the beginning of the movie. Also he defeats Thor in the movie.

Then near the end of the movie, after obtaining all of the infinity stones including the power stone to augment his already incredible strength, he has a punch stopped by Captain freaking America....... Seriously!?!?!

Cap is a very strong human, even stronger in the movies than in the comics. I get that. But Thanos is not only a Titan, but the strongest Titan. His base strength is on par with Zeus and dang close to if not the same as Odin. In the comics he has backhanded Cap's shield and broke it. He broke the freaking tesseract in the movie! So even if you separate the comics from the movie, there's still no way.

It was just a stupid thing to put in there. Stupid things like that really bug me. I hate the "just because he's a good guy" crap.

At least they didn't do that in Strange. My 2 favorite villains are Thanos and Dormamu. There was no way Strange could defeat Dormamu so he tricked him. I can live with that. The Cap thing I can't. It was just ridiculous.

Sorry.... Rant over....

Shawn-mamu, I’ve come to bargain!

Lol I love that section of the movie. I use that line on my kids when they start repeating complaints. Works every time.

Sorry.... Rant over....
That's OK. There was one place where I saw that they could have possibly defeated Thanos on Titan, but that wouldn't have been good for a sequel.

Sitting down and watching Captain America the First Avenger

Back