The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

15 October, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Rocking it out again this morning with a couple from the inimitable Ronnie James Dio. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. Returned to TOBS "Lime Zest" cream with its tart, crisp scent and excellent lather built with the Brad Sears "Gus" 2-Band Select Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette English No.58 and I finished with a splash of Quinn's "Pink Grapefruit & Orange Rind" witch hazel toner, followed by vintage MEM "English Leather Lime" aftershave and Proraso "Azur Lime" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: A brisk 46° waling out the door this morning! Autumn has finally arrived!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Taylor of Old Bond Street / Brad Sears / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's / MEM / Proraso

IMG_5633.jpg

16 October, 2024

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm revisiting Debbie Harry and Blondie. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their excellent "Astro Traveler" shave soap & splash. Great scent and fantastic lather built with the Paladin "PK-47" 2-Band Select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Red Tip and I finished with Quinn's ""Pink Grapefruit & Orange Rind" witch hazel, followed by the matching aftershave splash and Pierre Cardin "Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Another brisk morning. Could have our first frost of the season tomorrow. Also the master bath will be finished today!! w00t!!!!

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements / Paladin / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's / Pierre Cardin

IMG_5636.jpg

17 October, 2024

Rocking out this Thursday morning with a couple from Metallica. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Martin de Candre and their excellent "Fougère" shave soap. Great scent and fantastic lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" Super Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Aristocrat and I finished with vintage Quinn's "Pink Grapefruit & Orange Rind" witch hazel, followed by vintage Avon "Deep Woods" aftershave splash and EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Ahhhhhh!! So nice to be back in the master shower

Martin de Candre / Simpson / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's / Avon

IMG_5639.jpg

Back