The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Taking the advice of @NurseDave and have been relaxing in my comfy clothes and watching movies all day. Watched “Contagion” (which seemed appropriate) and now watching a short independent film called “AM1200” (highly recommended for fans of Lovecraftian Horror).

Out of curiosity what are your Top 5 all time favorite movies? Here are mine in no particular order.
  1. North by Northwest
  2. Heat
  3. The Quiet Man
  4. Rear Window
  5. No Country For Old Men

That’s a hard choice, there’s so many good films and I’ve mostly experienced only American!

Also in no particular order, as a hundred movies roll through my brain:
- Star Wars IV
- Fiddler in the Roof
- Babette’s Feast
- Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring
- Captain America - The First Avenger

It is indeed! Abe’s head covers the cap and it’s made of plastic but the rest is glass. I have a Benjamin Franklin decanter filled with Tai Winds also.
Reminds me of the Classic Batman tv show

batman_shakespeare_bust.jpg

Picked based on if I would pick it to watch again.

Shawshank Redemption
Hunt for Red October
American President
Good Will Hunting
Rounders

Oh man, a top 5 movie list. Don't think I could pick 5 unless I was going by genre, but Dr Strangelove is in there somewhere.

I couldn't really pick 5 "all time" movies. My tastes change so much as to what I want to/enjoy watching. Probably the some that really stand out to me that I could watch any time and enjoy are A Serbian Film, and Cannibal Holocaust. If you have never heard of them, you probably shouldn't look into them. They are definitely in a different class of film.

On the complete other end of the spectrum, I do really like
Tucker and Dale VS Evil
The Proposal
Despicable Me
All of the Harry Potter movies
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Don't judge.... My movie tastes are as random and all over the spectrum as my music tastes....

Great flic!!! #PreciousFluids 😂
giphy.gif

I couldn't really pick 5 "all time" movies. My tastes change so much as to what I want to/enjoy watching. Probably the some that really stand out to me that I could watch any time and enjoy are A Serbian Film, and Cannibal Holocaust. If you have never heard of them, you probably shouldn't look into them. They are definitely in a different class of film.

On the complete other end of the spectrum, I do really like
Tucker and Dale VS Evil
The Proposal
Despicable Me
All of the Harry Potter movies
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Don't judge.... My movie tastes are as random and all over the spectrum as my music tastes....
I really enjoyed Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, but I also think that Alan Tudyk is one of the greatest underrated actors of all time.

Good morning Cadre. Back at the office today. Feeling a lot better. Hope everyone has a great day!

1/2/2020

IMG-2674.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Cube - Charcoal & Lime
PAA "Clubguy" Soap
Stirling High Mtn. White Badger Brush
1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable
Personna Med Prep Blade
Alum
Pinaud Clubman ASL

Dior "Bois D'Argent" EdC

Gotta love the classics. How does PAA's Clubman stack up against the real thing?

Gotta love the classics. How does PAA's Clubman stack up against the real thing?
Passable. To my nose it's closer to the smell of the spray deodorant and Country Club shampoo (which I both use) than the actual aftershave. Still, blindfolded you'd definitely know what it is

Top 5 Movies, that way too hard.

2001: A Space Odessy
Evil Dead
Sex, Lies and Video Tape
8 1/2
Silent Running

Based on impact they had on me, sitting here relaxed at 57 y.o.

Back