The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Birthday Shave! 🍰

Being the big Bay Rum fan that I am. I had to go with the PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum ensemble again. Love the performance of the PAA prosucts but the scent is just heavenly! I also broke out my 1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable I bought years ago. Man, I had forgotten what a great shaver it is! Gonna have to keep on using it.

IMG-2589a.jpg

IMG-2592a.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Cube
PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Soap
Stirling Soap Co. "High Mtn. White" Badger Brush
1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable
Personna Med Prep Blade
Alum
PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Splash

PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" EdP

Nice Shave Mark! A bunch of you really like that Deton-8. Looks like I will have to look for some!

Nice Shave Mark! A bunch of you really like that Deton-8. Looks like I will have to look for some!
The Deton-8 is a fairly good representation of SpiceBomb. Better act quickly though. I think Stirling is discontinuing it.

Dec. 26, 2019

Good morning everyone! Hope your Christmas was great. It's Thursday but Feels like Monday.. Jeez these mid week holidays really screw with me. Very impressed with the PAA Star Jelly sample. Lightly mentholated and very soothing.

IMG-2606a.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Cube - Charcoal & Lime
Mystic Water Soap "Sandalwood Rose"
Stirling Soap Co. "High Mountain White" Badger Brush
1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable
Personna Med Prep Blade
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly sample

Creed "Bois Du Portugal" EdP

Man, Britain was NOT a jolly place back in the day! 😲

View attachment 13869
You may be surprised by a little research it was looked down on in the states to for.....reasons worth researching
The ban by the Puritans was revoked in 1681 by an English appointed governor, Edmund Andros; however, it was not until the mid-19th century that celebrating Christmas became fashionable in the Boston region. By the Declaration of Independence in 1776, it was not widely celebrated in the U.S.

You may be surprised by a little research it was looked down on in the states to for.....reasons worth researching
The ban by the Puritans was revoked in 1681 by an English appointed governor, Edmund Andros; however, it was not until the mid-19th century that celebrating Christmas became fashionable in the Boston region. By the Declaration of Independence in 1776, it was not widely celebrated in the U.S.
I had no idea! That's very interesting though. Gonna look into it more. :unsure:

Back