The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Good morning everyone! TGIF!

Back to the barbershop theme again. Today I went with the PAA "Good Vibrations" soap an splash. Nice powdery / bay rum scent with some woodiness. Also used my new razor my wife got me for my birthday (didn't arrive until yesterday). Another Slim Adjustable with case and blade pack.

IMG-2645a.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Cube - Charcoal & Lime
PAA "Good Vibrations" Shave Soap
Stirling Soap Co. High Mtn. White Badger Brush
1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable
Personna Med Prep Blade
Alum
PAA "Good Vibrations" Splash

Knize 10 EdT

Sweet razor! The soap and scent sound good too...even though I am not huge on overly powdery scents. Hope your case of the Mondays/Thursdays have subsided!

Does anyone have recommendations for a replating service? Thinking about getting my Slims restored.

Honest Abe says that Avon “Tai Winds” aftershave is some good stuff! That soap ain’t bad either. Have a great day everyone!!

69C67311-931C-4ED6-8F7E-A7311E7C32EE.jpeg

Barrister & Mann "Saguesera" Soap
Personna Med Prep Blade
Alum

Vintage Avon "Tai Winds" Splash

Bout to watch that Peach Bowl and eager to see no. 9 Joe Burreaux play out of his mind!! I’m a die hard Alabama fan but today the only thing I can say is....

GO TIGERS!!!

What're your thoughts on Saguesera? It has my attention but I'm really hesitating to grab a set because I'm trying to cut back.

What're your thoughts on Saguesera? It has my attention but I'm really hesitating to grab a set because I'm trying to cut back.
I really like it. Great performance. Scent is nice. A little on the light side. Don’t think I’ll be ordering the splash.

Home from work sick again today. Was finally able to get in to see my doctor yesterday and went home with antibiotics, steroids and cough syrup. Honestly, I think the only thing that has kept me out of the hospital is that my wife has a nebulizer for asthma and still had some medication left. Feeling much better but decided to stay home to rest. Coffee and a good shave helps too! ;)

Last shave of 2019

IMG-2671a.jpg

PAA "Cold Spices" Shave Soap
Personna Med Prep Blade
Alum

PAA "Cold Spices" Splash

Thanks for reminding me that I have Cold Spices hidden in a corner under my sink! And I hope you heal up soon, Mark!

Back