The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

7 Jan. 2020

Good morning Cadre! Great shave this morning. First time using the new-to-me 1961 Fatboy and it reminded me why it's such a popular razor. Actually today was a day for "new". The PAA CaD soap and splash arrived yesterday along with a couple of packs of Gillette Nacet blades. Popped a fresh Nacet into the razor and with it set to 6, I got a smooth, close shave with no irritation. Will have to A / B it with the Personnas in the Fatboy once the current blade is spent. What I'm doing is looking for a possible alternative to the Personna med preps. I read where they're being made by a different manufacturer and there's always the chance that quality will decline.

On to the soap. The PAA website states that their CaD soap is an homage to a popular canned foam that is "Known by shavedom to possess a unique, fresh, clean smell". I've smelled it before but I can't remember which foam it is. Smells great though. Scent Profile: Talc, Rose, Bergamot, Oakmoss, Vetiver, Coumarin, Musk. To my nose the Vetiver and Oakmoss really stand out in the base. Nice clean, earthy scent.

Hope everyone has a great day!

IMG-2703a.jpg

PAA "The Cube V. 2.0" Preshave Soap
PAA "CaD" Shave Soap
Stirling Soap Co. High Mountain White Badger Brush
1961 Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Nacet Blade
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly
PAA "CaD" Aftershave

Dior Bois D'Argent EdC

8 Jan. 2020