The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

March 2022 Sumo Tournament: Osaka

I'm caught up on the highlights through day 3 at least. only recognizing a few at this point but there have been some good bouts.

So i'm guessing the envelopes the winner receives are prize for that match, why are there some where the winner isn't given any?

I'm caught up on the highlights through day 3 at least. only recognizing a few at this point but there have been some good bouts.

So i'm guessing the envelopes the winner receives are prize for that match, why are there some where the winner isn't given any?
Lower matches are not necessarily sponsored. There is some great short clips on this site that outline a lot of it. Sumopedia - GRAND SUMO Highlights - TV - NHK WORLD - English

Great matches on day 4!

Looking forward to day 5, hope Mitakeumi & Takayasu keep it up! It would be great to see Mitakeumi go back to back!

Anyone know why Ura gets run through the top ranked guys early on every tournament? He finishes strong, but really gets run through the Buzzsaw early on!

I wonder if there will be anymore matches after the massive earthquake today!?!?!

Great matches on day 4!

Looking forward to day 5, hope Mitakeumi & Takayasu keep it up! It would be great to see Mitakeumi go back to back!

Anyone know why Ura gets run through the top ranked guys early on every tournament? He finishes strong, but really gets run through the Buzzsaw early on!

I wonder if there will be anymore matches after the massive earthquake today!?!?!
i think i heard something about his rank having something to do with that. he is supposed to go against everyone above him in the first week or something

there were some really solid matches today. and a few surprises. only 1 left undefeated.

Day 5 thoughts:

Abi is looking great! Seems stronger
Wakatakakage is having a great match. Will be interesting as he goes into week 2
Shodai is just not impressing even with a W today
Mitakeumi :(

Back