The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Longhaultanker Videos

Introducing my new Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian Badger brush, just arrived from a European tour of the Uk, Germany, and France before arriving in the good ol’ USA.

Introducing my new Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian Badger brush, just arrived from a European tour of the Uk, Germany, and France before arriving in the good ol’ USA.

Don’tcha know….ah ha…caught ya using that traditional double clutcher’s dialect

I’ve thought the measure of a high quality brush should be the number of bristles retained and not the number lost. Simpsons packs them very well. However, that brush seems to use high volumes of soap. I might have to reduce my offer to $95.
😎

Great shave. Another beautiful shave piece!

Shaving from Boardman, Oregon yesterday. Arrived Troutdale, OR noonish yesterday and my daughter, who lives in Vancouver, WA picked me up for a late lunch. Briefly saw the grandchildren, but I’ll see the all again on Saturday and Sunday. Today it’s off to Woodburn, OR and get positioned in the truck stop for tomorrow’s delivery. Special razor today: The Christmas razor. Enjoy the shave.

I had hoped to get a shave in last night at the TA truck stop at Aurora, Oregon in the public restroom. To my chagrin, the public restroom was under renovation and had no water or mirrors on the wall. I’m sitting at my delivery at Woodburn getting unloaded with 48 hours of whiskers irritating me. I’m in desperate need of a shave to the point of hysteria. My earliest opportunity to shave will be later this evening. I’m about to get my tweezers out and start plucking one-by-one.

34E2E139-053C-4BE8-8703-51B03829FEC0.jpeg

A very famous shaver from these parts @BarberDave used one of these in a SOTD recently.

927DBAC5-2010-4D4F-9003-5D4890C5429D.jpeg

He said it was one of those ‘time crisis’ things but investigators are hot on the trail of a story indicating it was done to make the ‘blood thinner police’ think he is in compliance and not actually using his straights.

Unless he actually come up with a vid using that elektro-thingamabob, I say it never happened. That’s my story an I’m stuck to it.
😎

Shocking, treasonous!!! But you’re probably right, knowing our fearless, intrepid leader. Only a story to confound enemies of straight razors. 😂

From last night Thursday January 13, 2022 at 21:30. Only now have had chance to post it. So, I made my delivery yesterday and made it back to the truck stop to await pick up from my high school buddy, which turned into 4.5 hours. No worries, last minute changes to his schedule. After a 90 minute drive from Aurora to Lincoln City on the coast, we had a nice Mexican dinner. After which said buddy put me up in a nice seaside hotel. (Pictures follow in separate post). With 60+ hours of whiskers, due to the truck stop in Aurora having no water, I settled in with a hot shower and long awaited shave.

Equipment: Robeson Shuredge razor, Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian Badger brush, Tabac soap.

Yes, it’s long, but good stories..

Finally home after 13 days on the road to Oregon. Nice, quiet shower and shave from home with no anxiety someone is going to come crashing through the door.

Equipment:
Near mint WH. Elliot 5/8 razor honed on an Arkansas
The Art of Shaving 24mm brush set in nickel
Soap: Geo. Trumper sample of Coconut Oil Cream

Back