The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Longhaultanker Videos

It has been a long and exhausting day. Back in the truck from my shower and shave. The videos will be up soon… maybe hours. Today was filled with SNAFUs. More in the video.

I say in the video, I want to say again, I enjoyed the zoom call last but the connectivity issues were intolerable.

Using THIERS Issard The Art of Shaving 5/8 rund point razor, Simpson Chubby 3 Super Badger brush, Van Der Hagen soap. Razor honed / finished on Shapton Glass 30K. Results: bbs perfection.

Home tonight.

Merry Christmas! 🎅🎅🎅 Equipment: Dovo Bismarck razor, QED Manchurian Badger brush, Tabac soap, Thayer Lavender, Old Spice. Discussion regarding Manchurian, High Mountain White, Silvertip Manchurian, and the various nomenclature. How do you know you’re honing right?

Two days after Christmas and a 24 hour shave before hitting the road later this afternoon. Headed to Monaca, PA. Five days off and ready to roll. This shave followed by a head shave. Thanks for watching and hope everyone is having a good holiday time.

I have to play catch-up on the vids, I’m one behind - but I’ll get there

Two days after Christmas and a 24 hour shave before hitting the road later this afternoon. Headed to Monaca, PA. Five days off and ready to roll. This shave followed by a head shave. Thanks for watching and hope everyone is having a good holiday time.

I’m way behind on my shave TV. Trying to catch up.

I loved your discussion on brushes the other day. I’m not a huge brush aficionado, and have a small diverse sampling including one that was marketed as High Mountain from Stirling. Anxious to hear about your new one.

Safe travels.

Oh…. You gotta watch that patting yourself on the back for shortening up your vids….. I’ve thrown my back out doing that stuff. 😎

Bill

I’m way behind on my shave TV. Trying to catch up.

I loved your discussion on brushes the other day. I’m not a huge brush aficionado, and have a small diverse sampling including one that was marketed as High Mountain from Stirling. Anxious to hear about your new one.

Safe travels.

Oh…. You gotta watch that patting yourself on the back for shortening up your vids….. I’ve thrown my back out doing that stuff. 😎

Bill
Thanks for the comment. I love the silkiness of the Manchurian and High Mountain White. They should have their own designation. Anxiously awaiting Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian. I got notice yesterday from fedex delayed in transit in UK.

Thanks for the comment. I love the silkiness of the Manchurian and High Mountain White. They should have their own designation. Anxiously awaiting Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian. I got notice yesterday from fedex delayed in transit in UK.
I saw tonight from tracking, it’s on the move. But why did it go from UK to Frankfurt, Germany?

Back