The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Keto recipes

Hey Don do you know what the macros are on this
It’s in the link Dave.....

Nutrition
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 2g

Hey Don do you know what the macros are on this
Oops! Sorry...I meant to post that too...

From the website...

Nutrition​

Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 2g

This definitely isn't bad at all. But like anything like this...the carbs can creep on you if you just chow down. I think this would be good if you wanted an egg on it or if you wanted to make a sandwich or maybe a piece of toast an butter. My wife (who loves all things carbohydrates) said she even liked this a lot.

I plan on making another loaf this weekend with a couple minor adjustments to see how it goes.

Trying the bread recipe wit some additions as @dangerous mentioned, and as follows

added some savory and Italian Seasoning, Pumpkin seeds , Chia both ground and whole instead of flax and at a reduced level, used a bit less of the maple syrup, added another teaspooon of avocado oil along with the Olive oil, added some marble cheddar into the mix, and topped with Parmesan. As well as a teaspoon of Xantham gum Will cook with foil for 35 mins, remove and bake for another15-20 mins. Also used duck eggs as they are better for baking? or so I am told.

Here is pre bake and will post more after....

keto bread 1.jpg

ketobread 2.jpg

ketobread 3.jpg

All finished Total Time: 1hr. Tastes great, has about the same density as Banana bread but not as moist, will try a bit more oil next time, but flavor wise it is great. The pumpkin seeds and chia added to it, will add a bit more cheese to the dough next time as well, maybe some jalapenos

Thanks @dangerousdon

Very nice Dave! I love the additions too! Gives me some Ideas!

Well...it looks like this thread needs a resurrection. It's been about a year since the last post. So I am not doing keto per se but much of what I eat right now is keto, low carb, or high protein. Anyway...I am not huge on Keto desserts...but sometimes you have a hankering. So I introduce to you...Hard Boiled Egg Pudding...

Yeah...I know...it sounds gross...but it really isn't. And it is stupid easy to make!

So you can substitute the boiled eggs for scrambled eggs...which I did. And when I scrambled them...instead of my customary butter or ghee, I used a little bit of Avocado oil as to not have an overly offensive taste. I threw all the ingredients in the blender (eggs, coconut milk, sweetener, coco powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt) and then just blended away. I used liquid monkfruit sweetener, but I am sure you can use whatever your sweetener of choice is.

The pudding comes out rich and think and has very much a custard type taste and texture. This is a go to for me. Macros are really good too:

Nutritional Information for ½ cup (1 serving):
268 calories, 22g fat, 14g protein, 4g carbs, 1g fiber

Macros might be slightly off depending on certain ingredients...but this gets you in the ball park.

This might be a great recipe for the likes of @Luecke3262 or @Spider

IMG_20220127_173132018_HDR.jpg
Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole

Ingredients​

2 pounds ground beef (I have also used Italian sausage, which I prefer)
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 pound cooked bacon, cut into pieces
8 eggs
1 cup heavy whipping cream
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (12 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese, divided

Directions​

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 2: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef with garlic and onion powder until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
Step 3: Spread beef onto the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole pan. Stir in bacon pieces.
Step 4: Whisk eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined. Stir in 8 ounces Cheddar cheese.
Step 5: Pour egg mixture over the beef and bacon. Top with the remaining 4 ounces cheese.
Step 6: Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, 30 to 35 minutes.

Nutrition Facts​

Per Serving: 594 calories; protein 38.1g; carbohydrates 2g; fat 47.5g; cholesterol 268.6mg; sodium 1242.9mg.

View attachment 76593

Ingredients​

2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon onion powder
8 eggs
½ teaspoon salt

Directions​

Step 2: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef with garlic and onion powder until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
Step 3: Spread beef onto the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole pan. Stir in bacon pieces.
Step 4: Whisk eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined. Stir in 8 ounces Cheddar cheese.
Step 5: Pour egg mixture over the beef and bacon. Top with the remaining 4 ounces cheese.

Nutrition Facts​

Per Serving: 594 calories; protein 38.1g; carbohydrates 2g; fat 47.5g; cholesterol 268.6mg; sodium 1242.9mg.
That looks yummy!

That sounds great! But I never drain the fat off my ground meats. Especially if you’re going keto, you want the extra fat.

View attachment 76593

Ingredients​

2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon onion powder
8 eggs
½ teaspoon salt

Directions​

Nutrition Facts​

I made something very similar the other day called a Big Mac Casserole...

It has similar macros and pretty much tastes like a Big Mac. I bet adding bacon to this one would be awesome!

View attachment 76593

Ingredients​

2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon onion powder
8 eggs
½ teaspoon salt

Directions​

Nutrition Facts​

Made this tonight with sausage, sans bacon… turned out awesome! Thanks

Well...it looks like this thread needs a resurrection. It's been about a year since the last post. So I am not doing keto per se but much of what I eat right now is keto, low carb, or high protein. Anyway...I am not huge on Keto desserts...but sometimes you have a hankering. So I introduce to you...Hard Boiled Egg Pudding...

Yeah...I know...it sounds gross...but it really isn't. And it is stupid easy to make!

So you can substitute the boiled eggs for scrambled eggs...which I did. And when I scrambled them...instead of my customary butter or ghee, I used a little bit of Avocado oil as to not have an overly offensive taste. I threw all the ingredients in the blender (eggs, coconut milk, sweetener, coco powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt) and then just blended away. I used liquid monkfruit sweetener, but I am sure you can use whatever your sweetener of choice is.

The pudding comes out rich and think and has very much a custard type taste and texture. This is a go to for me. Macros are really good too:

Macros might be slightly off depending on certain ingredients...but this gets you in the ball park.

This might be a great recipe for the likes of @Luecke3262 or @Spider
So I posted this recipe earlier this year. I have been making it a regular part of my lunches as of late. It really tastes like a custard and is super easy to make.

Here is the Recipe again...

Ingredients

Instructions

1. Place all the ingredients into a blender and puree until very very smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
  2. Place in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.

Notes

Some things to make it easier. Used scrambled eggs instead of boiled. The texture comes out better. Also...use a liquid sweetener as opposed to a powdered one, again...texture is better. If you want more protein in it...you can use whey protein that you like and add it to it. If you do that...you will need more liquid. Add some water or more coconut/almond milk. You can also add egg whites to your scramble or egg white powder. I prefer coconut mil over the almond milk. When you scramble your eggs...don't use a ton of oil. I use a non-stick pan and lightly coat with avocado oil spray. Any way, this is a really good nutritious treat. Even Danger Baby likes this. It only takes about 10 minutes to make in total.

Back