The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Keto recipes

Place on Parchment paper
View attachment 45879

Top with a second sheet and roll out to even thickness, about as thin as you can get it.
View attachment 45880

To about the size of a large baking sheet.
View attachment 45881

Place on Baking sheet and pre-bake for 15-20 min at 350*F. Oven times vary I actually did mine for 25 min.
View attachment 45883

Remove from oven, can top now, or allow to cool first. Can also be frozen at this point.
View attachment 45882

Top as you wish and bake until cheese is melted. In this case, homemade sauce, mozzarella cheese, roasted garlic and chicken.
View attachment 45884

Crust is crisp and sort of crackery. I make this pizza 2-3 times per month. It's our favorite keto recipe.
View attachment 45885

Alternatively, this same recipe can be used to make "wheat thin" type crackers. Just score the dough with a pizza cutter after rolling out, and before baking. Can experiment with seasonings and toppings to make different crackers.
View attachment 45886
Yummy!!

not really a recipe, but for those that like Chipotle, They now have Lime Cilantro cauliflower rice that when ordered can be very KETO

Chicken Asada Bowl

Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
Romain Lettuce
Chicken Asada X2
Cheese
Sour cream
Guacamole
Fajita Veggies

Cal: 625 / 3g Fiber / 32g fat / 75g protein / 8.0 net carbs

Last edited:
I was just curious, because that is roughly the equivalent of the protein in a nine ounce ribeye steak. Most restaurants in that class have no where that amount of protein in their dishes. I might have to check ours out.

I was just curious, because that is roughly the equivalent of the protein in a nine ounce ribeye steak. Most restaurants in that class have no where that amount of protein in their dishes. I might have to check ours out.
Also that is with twice the chicken remember

Keto Tortillas / Keto Cracker Thins

View attachment 45361View attachment 45362

Tortillas:
2 cups Almond flour
2 tablespoons Xantham Gum
1 Teaspoon Baking powder
2 teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 cap Apple cider vinegar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons water

Mix until dough Ball put in plastic and knead for 3 mins, let rest for 15. Cut in 16 pieces roll and either use rolling pin or Tortilla Press ( BEST WAY ) have really hot pan. Cook one side for 30 seconds and other side for 5-10 let cool and enjoy like a corn tortilla

1 net carbs per tortilla / 13g fat / 6g protein
Net yield 16 tortillas ( size of regular corn Tortillas )

Chips:
Same recipe no paprika,
Sprinkle with parmesan, salt pepper and garlic,
Roll out thin, cur into small pieces with pizza cutter bake at 350 for 30-45 mins

Let cool, Crunch away
Dave I ,made these tonight. Very easy. They were dry though. Are yours the same?

Made the Keto Waffles from @Ambalance 's list of Chaffles. The one with cream cheese eggs almond flour and baking powder. Used them as hamburger buns last night as I threw some on the grill. These might be the most bread like out of the stuff I have tried so far. They worked out pretty good.

Not a recipe, but Costco had macadamia nut "milk" and it's the best nut "milk" I've had. I really can't stand the taste of the almond/cashew/walnut ones.

Not a recipe, but Costco had macadamia nut "milk" and it's the best nut "milk" I've had. I really can't stand the taste of the almond/cashew/walnut ones.
Trader Joes does a Macadamia/Cashew/Almond one that is pretty good too.

Made a "Keto" bread tonight that I was a little impressed with. It was stupid easy to make to. A couple bowls something to mix the ingredients with...and all was well. I'll share the recipe her and then post the link also.

2 1/4 cups almond flour blanched almond flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
5 large eggs
1 tbsp keto maple syrup or you can use honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sesame seeds optional

Preheat oven to 350

Take the dry ingredients (almond flour, flaxseed, salt, and baking soda) and mix in one bowl.

Take the wet ingredients (eggs, keto maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil) and mix well.

Then combine the mixed wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and thoroughly mix.

In a 9x4 bread loaf pan... line with parchment paper.

Pour in mixture and cover loaf pan with tin foil.

Bake for 40 minutes...and removing the tin foil the last ten minutes.

------

Okay, so I made this recipe exactly as stated. I foiled the pan and removed after 30 minutes. It does appear that if you don't use foil the top might get too toasty. But I think you can take it half way through.

At 40 minutes...my loaf wasn't done. So I left it in for an additional 10+ minutes. It probably should have come out a few minutes early...but I am not really sure.

This recipe might could use a little bit of oil...but again...this is something I will have to play around with.

I used a silicone loaf pan and using a paper towel, I "greased" it with olive oil and the loaf came right out. A metal pan I would probably use parchment paper.

The keto syrup does give it just a smidge of sweetness...but I think I would rather use some Italian herbs and maybe top it with parmesan cheese...and man this would taste like an artisan bread.

So how did it taste?

Like I said...I should have pulled it maybe a couple minutes early. I don't want to say it was dry...but it was on the dryer side. A healthy smear of butter really fixed it.

This was some pretty good stuff. I might try a double batch so I can get my loaf a little taller. It doesn't really rise or expand at all. Since it is pretty much just eggs, almond flower, and flax...it is a little on the dense side...but definitely not overly dense.

In all seriousness, if I didn't know what this was...and someone gave me a slice...I would think it was some kind or artisan bread. Link to original recipe and some of my pics below.

Keto Bread- The BEST low carb bread recipe! - The Big Man's World ®

1612580323867.png1612580342709.png1612580358320.png1612580374918.png

Back