The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Keto recipes

@BarberDave You can probably get that at the deli counter cheaper.... they will slice it however thin/thick you want it too!

Peanut Butter Fat Bombs - peanut butter cups ( Dr. Berg Recipe )
yeild 32 cups
Candy cup molds ( can be purchased at any hobby store)
1/2 cup Natural virgin coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup NOW Organic Coco Powder
1/2 natural peanut butter ( no salt or Sugar added ) or Tahini
3 tablespoons Swerve Powdered sweetener

Heat cocnut oil, vanilla, coco powder, . Fill cups partially and put infreezer for 10 minutes. mix peanut butter and swerve. once cups are set put a dollop of peanut in middle and spread, put remaining chocolate on top to edge and freeze for 2 hours. then keep in freezer in Zip Lock

1 serving = 1cups
56.6 cals, .07 net carbs, .8 sugar alcohol ( safe ) 1.1 protein, 5.7 fat
picks of the above just made @CVargo , some with almonds

Choco PB FBombs.jpg

Got a mandolin delivered today and failed at my first attempt at zucchini chips. Cut them at 3mm, rolled the water out. Brushed on olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Baked at 225 for 2h 20min. The ones on the outside were on the verge of being crunchy. The rest were still oily and soft. Think I need to make them a touch thicker and use less oil.

Keto Tortillas / Keto Cracker Thins

Keto Tortillas.JPEGketocrackers.JPEG

Tortillas:
2 cups Almond flour
2 tablespoons Xantham Gum
1 Teaspoon Baking powder
2 teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 cap Apple cider vinegar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons water

Mix until dough Ball put in plastic and knead for 3 mins, let rest for 15. Cut in 16 pieces roll and either use rolling pin or Tortilla Press ( BEST WAY ) have really hot pan. Cook one side for 30 seconds and other side for 5-10 let cool and enjoy like a corn tortilla

1 net carbs per tortilla / 13g fat / 6g protein
Net yield 16 tortillas ( size of regular corn Tortillas )

Chips:
Same recipe no paprika,
Sprinkle with parmesan, salt pepper and garlic,
Roll out thin, cur into small pieces with pizza cutter bake at 350 for 30-45 mins

Let cool, Crunch away

Keto Tortillas / Keto Cracker Thins

View attachment 45361View attachment 45362

Tortillas:
2 cups Almond flour
2 tablespoons Xantham Gum
1 Teaspoon Baking powder
2 teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 cap Apple cider vinegar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons water

Mix until dough Ball put in plastic and knead for 3 mins, let rest for 15. Cut in 16 pieces roll and either use rolling pin or Tortilla Press ( BEST WAY ) have really hot pan. Cook one side for 30 seconds and other side for 5-10 let cool and enjoy like a corn tortilla

1 net carbs per tortilla / 13g fat / 6g protein
Net yield 16 tortillas ( size of regular corn Tortillas )

Chips:
Same recipe no paprika,
Sprinkle with parmesan, salt pepper and garlic,
Roll out thin, cur into small pieces with pizza cutter bake at 350 for 30-45 mins

Let cool, Crunch away
How sticky is the dough Dave? Do I gave to oil everything?

KETO Chicken Fajitas

Yield 16 Servings

Ingredients

1 lb USDA Commodity smoked dark meat chicken fajita strips ( pre-cooked on grill ) ( or strips of choice)
12 Tbsp Tajin Seasoning
12 Tbsp Sour Cream
2 Tbsp Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chiles
1 bunch shallots / or green onions
1 Avocado
3 large bell pepper ( cut in small strips )
2 Tbsp minced garlic
Black Pepper, Salt, Cumin, Coriander, Smoked Paprika, Cilantro, ( to taste )
2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese
16 KETO Tortilla Shells
1 cast iron skillet
2 Tbsp olive or avocado oil

Heat cast iron skillet on high
add the oil
Take veggies and spices and saute over high heat until softened
add chicken to saute until heated through
add more spices to taste
warm Tortillas and place dollop of sour cream
add shredded cheese to tortilla
add fajita mix, and top with Tanjin and green chile sauce and a slice of avocado

MACROS: ( per serving )

3.4g Net Carbs
5.6g Fiber
22.0g Fat
14.9g Protein
300 Net Calories
0.4 glycemic load

01.19.2021dinner.jpg

The Best Keto French Fries ( Believe it or Not)
Better than any vegetable version.

Ingredients:
1 cup almond flour
1 Tbsp Xantham Gum
1/2 Tbsp salt
4 Tablespoons Hot Water
1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika

Mix dry ingredients and add hot water, pulse until it forms a dough ball allow to sit for 3 minutes. Knead for another two and Roll to 1/4 inch thickness. cut in half and slice into french fry shapes

Heat Avocado or Olive oil to temp and fry until golden brown ( have not tried Air frying yet)

Remove from oil and immediately salt. and enjoy with favorite Dipping sauce or Keto Ketchup

The crunch mouth feel and taste are amazing

Keto fries.jpg

Kale is a weed...give me a good reason to eat a nasty tasting weed.
Kale is not a weed, and it's delicious. Do you eat cabbage & broccoli? They are all the same species (Brassica oleracea), each one was just selectively bred from the original wild cabbage.

cabbage.jpg

Kale is not a weed, and it's delicious. Do you eat cabbage & broccoli? They are all the same species (Brassica oleracea), each one was just selectively bred from the original wild cabbage.

View attachment 45667
Hey...if you think it's delicious, go ahead...I have never liked the taste of kale. And I see stuff in my yard that looks like kale all the time...I pull that stuff and toss it. So sure...it might be akin to the likes of cabbage broccoli and Brussels Sprouts...but I still think it's a weed.

I have other concerns about kale and other agriculture surrounding Glyphosate use...but I won't get into it. My former post was just poking fun.
But it they taste like the arse end of a rabbit.
Let me remind you all though that even Dave thinks they taste like poo poo!

Back