The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Keto recipes

@Spider @dangerousdon

What consistency is the Chaffle Batter? Going to try these but have to find that waffle maker 1st, or go buy another one, LOL
It's thicker than I thought...but I put less in the waffle maker.

As far as the waffle maker goes...Both Target and Walmart have the round 4 to 5 inch waffle makers for under $10. It perfect for this. I have a really nice Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker...but it makes the Chaffles way too thick.

It's thicker than I thought...but I put less in the waffle maker.

As far as the waffle maker goes...Both Target and Walmart have the round 4 to 5 inch waffle makers for under $10. It perfect for this. I have a really nice Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker...but it makes the Chaffles way too thick.
Perfect, Thanks Don, and did you use the above recipes, posted by @Ambalance ?

I did! I plan on trying some of them out this weekend.

I am not saying that Chaffles are the end all to be all...but they are easy and do the trick.
Well I make the Cloud bread and it is ok, but the Chaffles have a bit more substance and I will hold up a bit better as "bread" I think, plus I came across a KETO Maple syrup, and I was a HUGE Fan of the McGriddle Sandwich so I think this will work for that make a bunch, freeze and go

KETO Maple syrup
Lakanto has a "maple syrup." that is pretty decent in flavor. It's a little on the thin side...but it tastes pretty good. Birch Benders has one also. I have it, but haven't tried it yet. The Birch Benders one has collagen and mct in it...so it's more than just flavoring.

1611349688782.png

Lakanto has a "maple syrup." that is pretty decent in flavor. It's a little on the thin side...but it tastes pretty good. Birch Benders has one also. I have it, but haven't tried it yet. The Birch Benders one has collagen and mct in it...so it's more than just flavoring.

View attachment 45750
yep birch benders is the one I have, not exact but pretty good

Some pretty awesome stuff here ...as long as someone else is making it for me. My wife saw those cheese wraps at Aldi, she thought they were cool but very expensive for what they were. I think we can find a store that has nice cheese wheel and is willing to slice the cheese from the broad side for us. I have no problems just tossing some cheese in a pan and melting/frying it to whatever crispness I want. when done right I can make a wrap with fried cheese and have the whole family fighting over that sandwich.

My most recent find was Chia seed pudding. I decided I didn't need to make it with all the milk and/or cream most recipes called for and sweeteners are not all that necessary but if you do add some a very small amount is all that is needed. There are a couple of fun variations, including Coffee & Chia and Chocolate peanut butter Chia. You can even make it with a couple of berries smashed in. Its not as exotic or exciting as the stuff Dave makes but its a great source of fiber (and by now i KNOW some of you are in need of some fiber). The Carbs in the Chai seeds are mostly fiber so as long as you keep the recipe simple you should be able to make it work for you.

The basic recipe is:
1/3 to 1/2 Chia seeds (almond milk can require more seeds than regular milk or oatmilk)
1/2 cup cream
1 1/12 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
some sweetener or a few keto appropriate berries or keto syrup
Mix and let sit a few minutes then stir again. then let sit in fridge at least 4 hours or over night. A serving is supposedly 4oz, I guess that's because little tiny glass jars are cute or something ...unless its because eating any more of the stuff does something unexpected to you. All I know is, if you put that keto sweetener in it...don't eat more than a single serving.

I made some with strong brewed coffee and cream/almond milk then "sweetened" it with a sprinkle of cocoa and cinnamon and it was better than expected. I also found that cooking the mixture (while its in the cup or bowl) in the pressure cooker for 5-10 minutes helps make it smoother.

My most recent find was Chia seed pudding. I decided I didn't need to make it with all the milk and/or cream most recipes called for and sweeteners are not all that necessary but if you do add some a very small amount is all that is needed. There are a couple of fun variations, including Coffee & Chia and Chocolate peanut butter Chia. You can even make it with a couple of berries smashed in. Its not as exotic or exciting as the stuff Dave makes but its a great source of fiber (and by now i KNOW some of you are in need of some fiber). The Carbs in the Chai seeds are mostly fiber so as long as you keep the recipe simple you should be able to make it work for you.
I am a huge consumer of Chia and Flax. The carbs in both are really negligible (not quite in the net negative category...but not far from it either). Chia also has a good amount of fat and protein for what it is too. These things have so many health benefits it's not even funny...to include Omega 3 fatty acids. With chia seeds...before consuming I do suggest letting them sit in something first to let them swell and so that they are more digestible. Chris is right though...you can make a version of Chia Pudding out of almost anything. Berries are my go to. Although I usually just add it to my homemade yogurt.

So, I posted my keto pizza crust recipe earlier, but I made it yesterday and decided to do a step by step to show how easy it really is.

1 Cup Almond Flour
IMG_1931.jpg

1/3 to 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, recipe called for 1/3, but I use 1/2.
IMG_1932.jpg

Add lots of spices, your choice..... I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, basil, oregano)
IMG_1933.jpg

Mix dry ingredients
IMG_1934.jpg

1 egg
IMG_1935.jpg

2 Tbsp olive oil
IMG_1936.jpg

Whisk wet ingredients
IMG_1937.jpg

Add to dry ingredients
IMG_1938.jpg

mix until well distributed
IMG_1939.jpg

Cont...

Attachments

• IMG_1938.jpg
    IMG_1938.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 0
Place on Parchment paper
IMG_1940.jpg

Top with a second sheet and roll out to even thickness, about as thin as you can get it.
IMG_1941.jpg

To about the size of a large baking sheet.
IMG_1942.jpg

Place on Baking sheet and pre-bake for 15-20 min at 350*F. Oven times vary I actually did mine for 25 min.
IMG_1943.jpg

Remove from oven, can top now, or allow to cool first. Can also be frozen at this point.
IMG_1944.jpg

Top as you wish and bake until cheese is melted. In this case, homemade sauce, mozzarella cheese, roasted garlic and chicken.
IMG_1945.jpg

Crust is crisp and sort of crackery. I make this pizza 2-3 times per month. It's our favorite keto recipe.
IMG_1946.jpg

Alternatively, this same recipe can be used to make "wheat thin" type crackers. Just score the dough with a pizza cutter after rolling out, and before baking. Can experiment with seasonings and toppings to make different crackers.
IMG_1954.jpg

Had the most amazing Chaffle sandwich today!
Egg, cheese, almond flour chaffles with egg, cheese, ham, avocado, Mayo, & Ho sauce!!! This is my new go-to!
4480986B-230A-4412-A475-508E8DD8EADB.jpeg

Some pretty awesome stuff here ...as long as someone else is making it for me. My wife saw those cheese wraps at Aldi, she thought they were cool but very expensive for what they were. I think we can find a store that has nice cheese wheel and is willing to slice the cheese from the broad side for us. I have no problems just tossing some cheese in a pan and melting/frying it to whatever crispness I want. when done right I can make a wrap with fried cheese and have the whole family fighting over that sandwich.

The basic recipe is:
1/3 to 1/2 Chia seeds (almond milk can require more seeds than regular milk or oatmilk)
1/2 cup cream
1 1/12 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
some sweetener or a few keto appropriate berries or keto syrup
Mix and let sit a few minutes then stir again. then let sit in fridge at least 4 hours or over night. A serving is supposedly 4oz, I guess that's because little tiny glass jars are cute or something ...unless its because eating any more of the stuff does something unexpected to you. All I know is, if you put that keto sweetener in it...don't eat more than a single serving.

I made some with strong brewed coffee and cream/almond milk then "sweetened" it with a sprinkle of cocoa and cinnamon and it was better than expected. I also found that cooking the mixture (while its in the cup or bowl) in the pressure cooker for 5-10 minutes helps make it smoother.
Wal-Mart sells the plain , empty , cheese wraps also and I think when I passed by them if I remember correctly the price wasn't very bad..

Back