The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

January 2024 Sumo TSC Contest

WTH??? How am I moving up? As a famous(ly drunk) man once said, "I could win this thing"

Kotonowaka is a MACHINE!!!

Are we going to get a Hakuoho vs Wakatakagae? I really hope so!

Onosato tomorrow gets the Yokozuna! This should be fun.

This leaderboard is shaping up wonderfully!

Kirishima Yokozuna! Go get it!!!!

Boy, apparently there's a chance we'll have a new Ozeki at the end of this tournament! Neat!

Loving the logjam at the top of the scoreboard!!

ALSO, WOW the YOKOZUNA IS ON IT!!!!!

Just some thoughts. I'm happy to see Kotonawaka out in front, and would love to see him finally get a yusho. That's no knock on Kirishima, would love to see him win too, with the whole Yokozuna thing in the balance.

But seeing Terunofuji back, I keep thinking, is anyone really Yokozuna material right now, in the sense of the kind of total domination someone like Teru displays?
Kirishima has incredible poise and calmness, I can see him as Yokozuna, but tbh right now it feels premature, that he needs time to establish himself.

Teru has been an interesting case, as his whole reign has been shadowed due to his injuries. I think everyone has felt from the moment he was crowned, that it's just a matter of time.

Other hopefuls have also been hampered by injuries. In that sense, on top of his poise, Kirishima seems more resilient, and that in itself is something. But if Kirishima is crowned, I'd never have the feeling he's going to dominate the basho in the way it feels with Terunofuji.

Again not slighting anyone here, I love just about everyone who gets in the ring.

Regardless of how this basho ends I think we can all agree.

Kirishima, Hoshoryu, and Kotonowaka.... the future is bright.

1706275926653.png

And as to Chad's bonus questions....

How many wins will Wakatakage get? Answer: 7
The closest guesses were KJ and Gerry with 6

If Hakuoho fights how many wins will he get? Answer: 6
KJ was the only one to guess correctly.

And as to Chad's bonus questions....

How many wins will Wakatakage get? Answer: 7
The closest guesses were KJ and Gerry with 6

If Hakuoho fights how many wins will he get? Answer: 6
KJ was the only one to guess correctly.
Well we have a tie breaker. So if needed it appears you earned one bonus win.

KIRISHIMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loving it! What a great rivalry being developed between him and Hoshoryu.

Teru did what was expected of him today... beat the Sekiwake.

Tomorrow Kirishima vs. Kotonowaka will be AMAZING.

And obviously Hoshoryu wants to beat Teru tomorrow, IF that happens he throws a big bone to two of his biggest rivals! This is arguably one of the BEST bashos I have watched.

We are at the point where we won't get two promotions BUT one is still possible. The winner of Kirishima vs. Kotonwaka if they win on Sunday SHOULD be promoted.

Back