The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

January 2024 Sumo TSC Contest

The Yokozuna still has it, but for how much longer? He's moving better than he was on day 3, but I feel a withdrawal coming any day now.
No way! He will not drop until he fights Kirishima and possibly Kotonowaka. The future of sumo needs BOTH those matches to happen. Otherwise. Kirishima gets a promotion without beating a yokozuna. And then kotonowaka gets ozeki without beating a yokozuna during his promotion run. Sumo association can not afford those asterisk. If Teru threatens to pull out watch those matches happen first.

Looks like Takayasu will be back tomorrow.
You beat me to it, "Takayasu will be back for Day 6. He will face Ura, tomorrow. At 1-2-2, he can certainly still turn in a decent scorecard." From Tachiai

I'm guessing that for the next contest, I really need to do some research into the sport. My method I'm using of just randomly picking names isn't working.

Surprised to see a Sekiwake vs. Sekiwake so early. To me this is evidence they are trying to what they need to ensure health allows for both Kitanowaka and Kirishima to be able to go up against the Yokozuna before he may inevitably pull out... I hope he does NOT.

And that Kirishima bout really surprised the Mono-II was a complete reversal... I was expecting re-match.

Speaking of our Yokozuna I still feel like he is not 100%

Wakamotoharu was amazing against Midorifuji today, expertly fought.

I'm really sad to see Asanoyama out... Such a shame! I hope he can return to win one more!

URA over Atimifuji!!!! Ura doing normal Sumo moves????

Kirishima is continuing forward by the skin of his teeth. If he loses one more, his run is over. He has to beat Teru to have a chance. I don't think Teru will make it to the final day, he is laboring, but maybe I'm wrong.

Back