The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

January 2024 Sumo TSC Contest

Ugh!!!!

I really wanted Kirishima! Oh well fully on the Kotonowaka train. I'd argue those two are my current favorite

should be an exciting playoff. It’s still possible to get a new Yokozuna and an Ozeki if things play out right.

I swear I need someone to explain all of this to me. It sounds way more interesting than I ever imagined.

I swear I need someone to explain all of this to me. It sounds way more interesting than I ever imagined.
Go watch a couple days worth of Jason Sumo on YouTube. He's an American who is teaching in Japan. So it's all in English. He does a great job explaining it so you understand what the wrestlers are doing. Then toy can graduate to Natto Sumo it's all in Japanese and full coverage. I'm learning Japanese! Now if I go I can ask at restaurants with phrases like, over arm throw, earned 8 wins, rematch, the Referee was right, and push out. You know phrases to really get you by in a foreign country.

Time to make it official. Congrats KJ @Spider on the win! What an amazing Basho. And we should have a new Ozeki next Basho.

Such a joy to watch! It will be really cool to see 4 ozeki at our next tournament, all of them fighting hard to reach the next level.

Back