The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #317 (617 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: GD66, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, RR The Stallion AS, and Czech & Speake Frankincense & Myrrh to finish!

Up for church! But of course first…a shave!

Up to bat today was Bill’s convex method honed GD66. May I say…a world of difference! Overall a very comfortable shave…is if I was using a broken in AC blade but without the feeling of a hyper-keen edge at your throat. More importantly I didn’t feel as if the SR were taking hairs out as in some instances yesterday. It did struggle a little around the chin and fools pass but that’s normal for the vast majority of razors for me. Now if I can just keep this maintained properly…😂

Not much on the docket today besides church and some grocery shopping later. Which sounds good to me!

Have a blessed Sunday all!
Glad it worked out.

Shave #318 (618 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Ugh…Monday!

Fantastic shave this morning. Got back to the Essence for the weekday shaves, since basically no maintenance is required. 3 smooth passes with great results. Finished up with the woody fresh combo of Pitralon Classic and DH ‘20!

It’s going to be quite a week ahead…well the next 2 weeks really. Last week of school for the kids before Thanksgiving break week, one of them (the youngest 🙄) has minimum days all week as well. Then into a short work week next to hopefully get a few days off for the holiday.

Here we go! Have a great Monday all!

Monday's are great! They're just like the weekend with an added bonus of you having to get up early and go to work!
giphy.gif

Shave #318 (618 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Pitralon Classic AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Ugh…Monday!

Fantastic shave this morning. Got back to the Essence for the weekday shaves, since basically no maintenance is required. 3 smooth passes with great results. Finished up with the woody fresh combo of Pitralon Classic and DH ‘20!

It’s going to be quite a week ahead…well the next 2 weeks really. Last week of school for the kids before Thanksgiving break week, one of them (the youngest 🙄) has minimum days all week as well. Then into a short work week next to hopefully get a few days off for the holiday.

Here we go! Have a great Monday all!
giphy-downsized.gif

Have a great one, brother! 😁

Shave #319 (619 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Prada Luna Rossa Ocean to finish!

Ended up being a fairly busy day after all yesterday. A couple all staff meetings (first ones back in person since the start of COVID) and getting ready for IDT this morning. Ew!

Great shave to kickstart the day at least! Not much different except for the finishing products - Skin Bracer + PLR Ocean today! Nice, powdery, clean, aquatic vibe going on.

IDT this morning, some time at the EOL facility, then who knows what else!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Back