The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #315 (615 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro AC blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Skin Bracer AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Hey Dave! It’s Friday! 😎🤘

Pretty decent shave today. Only two little battle wounds…not even sure how they happened honestly…I didn’t feel a zing or anything. They closed up quickly though thankfully. All good! I’m wearing Sauvage Elixir today…nothing can stop me! Gonna have to find a full bottle of this once my decant is gone.

Most of the work day will be spent at the EOL facility today. Gotta find some time to work on the special event reflection too…no sooner did I OK to volunteer for it than I was asked “Think you’ll have something by the end of the week?” 🙄 The board will want to approve the message of course…but the event isn’t until the beginning of next month…

Anyway! Happy Friday all!

Shave #316 (616 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Queen Cutter, Graydog Art Deco brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress…thank goodness! OT workout this morning and the obligatory coffee and baked good afterwards with the missus. Chores on the docket now.

Finally got to give my father’s b-day present to me a go…the vintage Queen Cutter with barber’s notch and celluloid tang accents. So-so first outing. Took a minute to get back used to the real estate available on an actual SR! Either AC open blade shaving has spoiled me though or this thing was barely shave ready. The difficulty getting though a full days growth was real. Made it through a full 3 passes, but not the closest results. Most of the vendors razors state that he gives it a full work up from 1k to 12k plus stropping. Eh. I believe I’m going to need to send it out for honing unfortunately! Still a beautiful piece. Tomorrow I’ll put Bill’s edge to the test to compare.

Topped off with ADP Colonia Intensa and smelling great!

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #317 (617 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: GD66, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, RR The Stallion AS, and Czech & Speake Frankincense & Myrrh to finish!

Up for church! But of course first…a shave!

Up to bat today was Bill’s convex method honed GD66. May I say…a world of difference! Overall a very comfortable shave…is if I was using a broken in AC blade but without the feeling of a hyper-keen edge at your throat. More importantly I didn’t feel as if the SR were taking hairs out as in some instances yesterday. It did struggle a little around the chin and fools pass but that’s normal for the vast majority of razors for me. Now if I can just keep this maintained properly…😂

Not much on the docket today besides church and some grocery shopping later. Which sounds good to me!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Back