The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #321 (621 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, RazoRock Big Bruce synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Captain’s Choice Venture AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

It’s Thursday! You know what that means…it’s garbage day…and tomorrow is Friday! Woohoo!

Last night’s OT workout was rough, but made it through and was rewarded with a nice bowl of ramen for dinner coming home. The missus has been making headway in her real estate team, having recently gotten her license (she’s been working in the industry for almost 2 decades though); no listing of her own yet but she’s been able to show a few ranches to help the team and will receive a sizable cut if it produces results. Which is 😎👍 because they use those Monopoly money amounts out here.

Great shave this morning. No hull plating damage to worry about, just 3 clean passes. Went no holds barred on the finishing scents today…ok I went in a little more conscientious than that. Finished with CC Venture AS and a couple very careful sprays of DHP, so I don’t choke anyone out. We’ll see if I get away with it! 😂

Another IDT this morning along with some home visits. We’ll see how it goes!

Happy Thursday all!

Shave #321 (621 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, RazoRock Big Bruce synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Captain’s Choice Venture AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

It’s Thursday! You know what that means…it’s garbage day…and tomorrow is Friday! Woohoo!

Last night’s OT workout was rough, but made it through and was rewarded with a nice bowl of ramen for dinner coming home. The missus has been making headway in her real estate team, having recently gotten her license (she’s been working in the industry for almost 2 decades though); no listing of her own yet but she’s been able to show a few ranches to help the team and will receive a sizable cut if it produces results. Which is 😎👍 because they use those Monopoly money amounts out here.

Great shave this morning. No hull plating damage to worry about, just 3 clean passes. Went no holds barred on the finishing scents today…ok I went in a little more conscientious than that. Finished with CC Venture AS and a couple very careful sprays of DHP, so I don’t choke anyone out. We’ll see if I get away with it! 😂

Another IDT this morning along with some home visits. We’ll see how it goes!

Happy Thursday all!
Mmmmmmm.. Ramen...

giphy.gif

Great news with the missus! Have a great day, brother! :cool:(y)

Love me some good Ramen! We just had a place this year open that specializes in the dish! Pro tip - don’t be proud and order the spicy just ‘cause that’s what a man would do 😂

1668708709203.gif

Of course, I also remember Ramen - The College Days……and when I was stationed in Korea - the Korean “We’ll Cater to stupid soldiers” Ramen - which basically was Ramen with a slice of American cheese thrown on top— of course both versions were geared to addressing a night of drinking…..😂

Love me some good Ramen! We just had a place this year open that specializes in the dish! Pro tip - don’t be proud and order the spicy just ‘cause that’s what a man would do 😂

View attachment 98306

Of course, I also remember Ramen - The College Days……and when I was stationed in Korea - the Korean “We’ll Cater to stupid soldiers” Ramen - which basically was Ramen with a slice of American cheese thrown on top— of course both versions were geared to addressing a night of drinking…..😂
Ramen is like the pizza of the Asian world! It’s so versatile!

Shave #322 (622 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

It’s Fridaaaaaay!
15371770-F741-4D14-A902-6D4BFDCBCE50.gif

Great shave this morning to get my Friday going. 3 smooth passes over the most excellent clown puke lather. Did I just discover a new powerhouse scent combo?! CBL Barba AST + Sauvage EDT…

DB62D891-6D83-4886-91E6-472058BB895D.gif

Last day of school for the kids for the next week. They’re really looking forward to the break. I got my 4.5 day weekend approved for this next week; as shame it’ll be 12 hours of driving all together but still awesome!

Busy day ahead as the crunch begins to get a bit ahead for the holiday. Last minute memorial to attend (literally got asked yesterday lol) and some visits at the EOL facility.

Have a great Friday all!

Shave #322 (622 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

It’s Fridaaaaaay!
View attachment 98357

Great shave this morning to get my Friday going. 3 smooth passes over the most excellent clown puke lather. Did I just discover a new powerhouse scent combo?! CBL Barba AST + Sauvage EDT…

View attachment 98358

Last day of school for the kids for the next week. They’re really looking forward to the break. I got my 4.5 day weekend approved for this next week; as shame it’ll be 12 hours of driving all together but still awesome!

Busy day ahead as the crunch begins to get a bit ahead for the holiday. Last minute memorial to attend (literally got asked yesterday lol) and some visits at the EOL facility.

Have a great Friday all!
Chris has...

giphy.gif

Have a fantastic day Chris! One question - you scored some Hombres Shave Soap and Post Shave - and you’re still using clown puke? What gives??

1668787042867.gif

Chris has...

giphy.gif
70EB3E22-A837-427D-BF2A-27445A4A65AB.gif
Have a fantastic day Chris! One question - you scored some Hombres Shave Soap and Post Shave - and you’re still using clown puke? What gives??

View attachment 98364
The faux 3017 life my friends. I may switch out Soapy Science soon, I do feel the need for a darker scent some days; the Clown Puke tub will always be in the ring as long as there’s soap chunks to keep it rollin. I do have that Melange from B&M open…maybe it’ll be that one. 🤔

Shave #323 (623 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Queen Cutter SR, Graydog Art Deci brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Parfum to finish!

Fairly typical Saturday in progress. OT workout this morning followed by trying a new, sadly lackluster, breakfast spot. They make great pastries but they should have stayed out of the other more full plate breakfast items.

I think I found a great gift possibility for my Rudolph buddy…just have to iron out the details.

Chores in progress. And typical time between laundry loads left me some time to clean myself up. Brought out the Queen Cutter again for what I hoped would be some redemption. Sadly not to be. I resisted switching to the Essence that I had sitting nearby on backup duty, and just put the Queen through her paces anyway. Slightly better results than the first go…but still this regal piece is being a diva, so she’ll be benched until I can send her off to be honed. Results were…eh…let’s just say the day after an Essence shave I still have better results 😂. Finished up with a single spritz of DHP in the hollow of the neck. That’s made everything better!

Hope you’re all having a great Saturday!

Shave #324 (624 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Convex honed GD66 SR, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, RazoRock The Stallion AS, and Dolce & Gabbana The One to finish!

Chill Sunday in progress. No service this morning as we have a Friendsgiving feast planned later since most of us will be out of town next weekend. So, a bit of a sleep in, morning coffee out, a little bit of Christmas shopping.

Great shave this afternoon. Convex honed GD from Bill up to bat. Still as sharp if not sharper than its first outing last weekend. Very comfortable and deceptively efficient. Excellent end result, followed up by The Stallion AS + D&G The One for a spicy vanilla combo.

Hope you all are having a blessed Sunday as well!

Back