The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #311 (611 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro AC blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Bvlgari Tygar to finish!

Not the best night’s rest unfortunately, hopefully my body can adjust to the time change quickly.

Great shave this morning at least! No hiccups or battle wounds. I tentatively seem to be back on the open blade bike and wobbling my way to 650. Finished up with Lucky Tiger and Bvlgari Tygar FTW!

‘Twas a busy weekend at work judging by the email stack awaiting me. Going to be a busy day!

Have a great Monday all!

Chris all day..

giphy-downsized.gif

Shave #312 (612 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro AC blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Prada Luna Rossa Ocean to finish!

Had some nice, grey skies and light rain throughout yesterday. That should thankfully continue today!

Great shave this morning per usual. Chomping at the bit to use the honed GD and balsa strip Bill sent along for me to try, but waiting on a strip base and leather piece to finish the set before I give it a go. Meanwhile, no complaints about the Essence! The colder weather, bundling up, and continued mask wearing for work has my skin drier than normal, so needing to use a bit extra moisturizer. Finished up with Fine Platinum and PLR Ocean!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Shave #312 (612 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro AC blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Prada Luna Rossa Ocean to finish!

Had some nice, grey skies and light rain throughout yesterday. That should thankfully continue today!

Great shave this morning per usual. Chomping at the bit to use the honed GD and balsa strip Bill sent along for me to try, but waiting on a strip base and leather piece to finish the set before I give it a go. Meanwhile, no complaints about the Essence! The colder weather, bundling up, and continued mask wearing for work has my skin drier than normal, so needing to use a bit extra moisturizer. Finished up with Fine Platinum and PLR Ocean!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!
Be careful not to moisturize too much! 😁

giphy-downsized.gif

Shave #313 (613 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro AC blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT to finish!

Yesterday finished with some nice, soothing bouts of much needed rain storms throughout the day/night. Unfortunately that’s it for the extended forecast. It was nice while it lasted!

Great shave this morning! Perfect conglomeration of lather provided by the Clown Puke tub. Decided to go all in on the Fine Aventus clone combo to finish up. No sprays of the real stuff though…that’s for weekends!

IDT meeting and some visits today. Got asked to do a short reflection for work’s annual holiday event, so I have to work on that too.

OT workout later this evening. Still pondering what to get my Rudolph buddy…it’s a tough one!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Yesterday finished with some nice, soothing bouts of much needed rain storms throughout the day/night. Unfortunately that’s it for the extended forecast. It was nice while it lasted!
At least you got some. Here's hoping you get a couple more days of gentle rain. (y)

Shave #314 (614 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro AC blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Ralph Lauren Ralph’s Club to finish!

Chuggin right along! Good workout last night followed by a meal we haven’t had for a while…corn dogs and tater tots! 🤤

Good shave this morning. This blade is just about shot I think, but 15 shaves (tomorrow) ain’t so bad! Nice fresh scents finish with Barba and Ralph’s Club!

Go get em dudes!

Shave #314 (614 Open Blade Shaves) of 2022:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather Pro AC blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Ralph Lauren Ralph’s Club to finish!

Chuggin right along! Good workout last night followed by a meal we haven’t had for a while…corn dogs and tater tots! 🤤

Good shave this morning. This blade is just about shot I think, but 15 shaves (tomorrow) ain’t so bad! Nice fresh scents finish with Barba and Ralph’s Club!

Go get em dudes!
Love corn dogs!!!

giphy.gif

Back