The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #253 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Chanel BDC EDP to finish!

Well, my calculations were gravely off for yesterday’s time traveling flight. Instead of being taken backwards in the hours, I was flung forward nearly 12 hours into the future. Unfortunate. The machine won’t be ready again for another 10 or so days for my next attempt.

At least I had a very excellent and very refreshing shave this morning, helping clean away the travel grit and grime. Travel shave set in full effect, with 3 different frags to choose from for the finish. Superb.

Free travel around the area today to explore the city. Should be hiring some of the museums and likely Jermyn street.

Have a great Monday all! (Yes, it’s Monday here).

Dude....now I have to spend the entire day looking at hotels and maps and pubs. So jealous. Enjoy.

Gear’s important travel tips, England edition:

- Prices in the city are deceiving for travelers. Everything seems really reasonably priced, cheap even…then you remember the prices are in GBP and you’re actually paying much more in the USD exchange rate.

Photo selections of the day:

Breakfast area at the hotel…first time eating blood pudding; not bad!
IMG_3685.jpeg

Select snaps from the Natural History Museum.
IMG_3686.jpeg
IMG_3690.jpeg
IMG_3691.jpeg
IMG_3693.jpeg

Monument Square.
IMG_3694.jpeg

Leadenhall…darn, no witches or wizards hanging about today! (Inspiration for Diagonal Alley in Harry Potter, also a filming spot).
IMG_3697.jpeg

Photo selections of the day:

Breakfast area at the hotel…first time eating blood pudding; not bad!
View attachment 118914

Select snaps from the Natural History Museum.
View attachment 118916
View attachment 118917
View attachment 118918
View attachment 118919

Monument Square.
View attachment 118920

Leadenhall…darn, no witches or wizards hanging about today! (Inspiration for Diagonal Alley in Harry Potter, also a filming spot).
View attachment 118921
Shave Mecca!

Dinner this evening was something special. If you love Indian food…Cinnamon Club is a must! Every dish was superb. Just letting the aftertaste of the spices and flavors sit on the tongue after each bite…I didn’t even want to take a sip of water during the meal for fear of ruining it.

The bar.
IMG_3725.jpeg
View from the table.
IMG_3727.jpeg

The main dining area.
IMG_3729.jpeg

Shave #254 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Tech, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Chanel BDC EDP to finish!

Packed up for our first move of the trip. Headed out to Stratford this afternoon I think. First was a baked Social and a flat white from a Scandinavian bakery. Heading to our Tower of London and Westminster tour…complete with a special ceremony from the Beefeaters!

First was a baked Social
Sounds like fun!!! 🥴

giphy.gif

Back