The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #246 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Paladin Harlequin Chief 26mm badger brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Up for church. Today is a fellowship day, so it’s mostly friendly conversation and food! Can’t go wrong with that!

Great shave this morning. I just plain seem to have more luck with the Paladin in building a good lather. Everything worked well this morning. Finished with the most recent iteration of the Homme line. Nothin fancy, but dependable and smells good!

Maybe some light grocery shopping this afternoon. Nothing else really on the books!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #247 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Amouage Jubilation XXV to finish!

Ahhh one more day to chill! Hurray for long weekends! No alarm clock to wake me up at an ungodly hour today!

Great shave this morning. With a final massive glug of juice, this OG formula Fine Platinum AS was laid to rest. It was a fun introductory scent to Aventus dupes…but I won’t be trying to replace it. I’ve got other artisan versions to get through anyway. I may be kickin it at home today in my lounge wear, but I was feeling low class fancy, so I finished with spritzes of Jub XXV. Sooooo good!

Hope you all are having a good Monday too!

Shave #248 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

Back to the grind for 4 days! A bit of a rough time of it falling asleep last night. Took much longer than usual.

Great shave this morning. Absolutely zero complaints. 3 smooth passes over excellent lather. Excellent scents to finish it out!

Had an “oh 💩” moment last night when I remembered that today starts off with and IDT meeting I hadn’t made notes for yet 😅. Otherwise it was a nice extended weekend…though it did feel a bit short surprisingly.

Happy Tuesday all!

A bit of a rough time of it falling asleep last night. Took much longer than usual.
Hate when that happens..

giphy.gif

Shave #249 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine American Blend EDT to finish!

Hump daaaaaaay! Whoooop whoop!

Great shave this morning! I’ve been doing a great job, I feel, of not pushing my shaves lately. Still getting excellent results too! Fine AB combo used today to finish things off.

Less than 3 days! Trying to get everything assembled for my coworkers who will be providing coverage over the next couple weeks. Phew!

Happy Wednesday all!

Shave #250 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL California Sunrise AST, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Cruising along…brain entering vacation mode!

Great shave this morning! Excellence on all levels. A bit warmer today, so finished up with some nice lighter, citrusy scents.

I think I’ve got myself to a fairly decent place, handing thing off to my coverage at the end of the week. They basically just have to help with new patients and any unforeseen or emergency needs that come up.

Thought to Amazon some travel frag atomizers yesterday, so I don’t have to bring full bottles. Hopefully those arrive today for me to fill. Not sure what frags I’m going to select for the trip yet.

Happy Thursday all!

Thought to Amazon some travel frag atomizers yesterday, so I don’t have to bring full bottles. Hopefully those arrive today for me to fill. Not sure what frags I’m going to select for the trip yet.
Oooooor, hear me out here. You hit the big fragrance houses in London. :)

Back