The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #235 (797 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Man, Wednesday already? Sweet!

Great shave this morning! Glad I only have to squeeze in a few more with this blade. Itā€™s suffering a bit on the ATG. Indeed the rest of the Grassroots Lavender got plopped into the Clown Puke after the shave; leaving it out through work to fuse and harden a bit. This OG formula Fine Platinum AS is nearly gone too! Fortunately I have CC Venture and CBL Pinnacle products as back ups.

At least a few visits out n about today. OT workout later!

Happy Wednesday all!

Shave #236 (798 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Guerlain Lā€™Homme Ideal Cologne to finish!

Nice cool marine layer to wake up to this morning and hopefully a cooler day ahead!

Great shave this morning! Not much to report except success and that Iā€™m smelling great! Finished with Ideal Cologne FTW!

IDT meeting this morning and some visits out all over town. Should be a busy day.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #237 (799 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, CBL Grassroots Lavender soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS/EDT combo, and Creed Aventus Cologne to finish!

Itā€™s Friday! Heeeeeeeeyyyy! šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤™

Great shave this morning. The blade really behaved today and delivered. The Grassroots Lavender has fully melded with the Clown Puke successfully and now adds its life force to the tub of soap nirvana. Certainly canā€™t complain about the scents used! Smelling great!

This week has been quite a bit more busy than expected. Today unfortunately wonā€™t be much different, but after I give a short training I do get a free lunch this afternoon! So thereā€™s that!

Happy Friday all!

Shave #238 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, SV/TSC Anniversary badger brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine AB EDT to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress! OT workout followed by coffee and baked goodiesā€¦well I went for an overnight chia pudding and Greek yogurt mix instead of a baked goodie. Maybe more healthy?

Great 800th open blade shave to close down this latest streak. 4 more solid streaks and Iā€™ll hit 1k! Hard to imagine. Thatā€™ll take a while though, another year possibly? Finished with a generous helping of the Fine AB scent combo.

Laundry in progress along with some lunch. Maybe some No Manā€™s Sky after? Itā€™s been fun getting back into that with the PS5. Lots has changed and been added since the last time I played.

T-minus 2 weeks until vacation break!

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #238 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, SV/TSC Anniversary badger brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Fine AB EDT to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress! OT workout followed by coffee and baked goodiesā€¦well I went for an overnight chia pudding and Greek yogurt mix instead of a baked goodie. Maybe more healthy?

Great 800th open blade shave to close down this latest streak. 4 more solid streaks and Iā€™ll hit 1k! Hard to imagine. Thatā€™ll take a while though, another year possibly? Finished with a generous helping of the Fine AB scent combo.

Laundry in progress along with some lunch. Maybe some No Manā€™s Sky after? Itā€™s been fun getting back into that with the PS5. Lots has changed and been added since the last time I played.

T-minus 2 weeks until vacation break!

Happy Saturday all!
Ahhh yeah!!! Vacation vibes! šŸ˜Ž

giphy.gif

How do you like No Man's Sky? I've thought about getting it.
If you like sandbox and free roam/explore, games dependent on resource gathering type stuff, itā€™s more simple than it sounds but fun! Definitely a time sink and easy to get absorbed for a couple hours. Build bases, fly starships, fend off space pirates, explore ā€œunchartedā€ planets and solar systems, etc.

Shave #239 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette twin blade, Paladin Harlequin Chief 26mm badger brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Proraso Red AS, and Comme Des GarƧons Avignon to finish!

Up for church!

Excellent shave this morning! Excellent lather from the Paladin and CP tub soap. Not sure what the main difference was, but Iā€™ll take it! Going at least a few rounds with the M Adjustable this week. Such a great razorā€¦especially with a twin blade!

After church, some regular grocery shopping duties, but should be a free day after that!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #240 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette twin blade, Sorrentino/TSC 1st Anniversary badger brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine AB AS, and Fine AB EDT to finish!

Booo Monday!

Good shave this morning though and I donā€™t feel too tired either! Meh of a latherā€¦but the slickness was there at least. Fine AB combo to finish up FTW!

Gonna be the warmest day this year so far and into the low 90s. Hopefully all my visits have AC today! Lol.

Happy Monday to ya!

Shave #240 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette twin blade, Sorrentino/TSC 1st Anniversary badger brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine AB AS, and Fine AB EDT to finish!

Booo Monday!

Good shave this morning though and I donā€™t feel too tired either! Meh of a latherā€¦but the slickness was there at least. Fine AB combo to finish up FTW!

Gonna be the warmest day this year so far and into the low 90s. Hopefully all my visits have AC today! Lol.

Happy Monday to ya!
Happy Meh-nday Chris. Hope it's a great one.

Shave #241 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette twin blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Taco Tuesday! Well, maybe notā€¦but we do get to go out later tonight and celebrate a local family memberā€™s birthday!

Great shave this morning. The injector is so easy peasy. Synth whipped up a perfect lather with no fuss, no problems. Finished with a nice freshie frag.

Another hot day today, 90ish+ again. Supposedly not as hot as yesterday though and thereā€™s the added good news that itā€™s supposed to start cooling down for the next week.

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #241 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette twin blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Acqua Di Gio Profumo to finish!

Taco Tuesday! Well, maybe notā€¦but we do get to go out later tonight and celebrate a local family memberā€™s birthday!

Great shave this morning. The injector is so easy peasy. Synth whipped up a perfect lather with no fuss, no problems. Finished with a nice freshie frag.

Another hot day today, 90ish+ again. Supposedly not as hot as yesterday though and thereā€™s the added good news that itā€™s supposed to start cooling down for the next week.

Happy Tuesday all!
Mmmmmmmm... Tacos... šŸ„“

giphy.gif

Back