The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #242 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette twin blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EDT to finish!

IMG_9854.gif

Great shave this morning. Been a while since I’ve used the Big Bruce, thought it was the brush that originally got me hooked on synths. The finer synth-haired Yaqis overshadow it a bit. Still a great brush though! Excellent lather and results!

OT workout later this evening. Hopefully it cools down a bit earlier today.

Hope you all have a great day!

Shave #243 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette twin blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL California Sunrise AST, and Tom Ford Mandarino Di Amalfi to finish!

Tough workout last night, but there was reward of pineapple fried rice after…so totally worth it!

Excellent shave this morning! 3 smooth passes over a perfect lather. Yaqi does make an excellent synth brush for sure. Finished up with some light juicy citrus and florals.

Finally, some light marine layer back this morning and a cooler day forecasted. Should be much more bearable.

I did forget that this weekend is Labor Day, so bonus of a 3 day weekend…woohoo! Of course that makes wrapping up things before the trip a bit more difficult. I’ll take that hit though!

Happy Thursday all!

I did forget that this weekend is Labor Day, so bonus of a 3 day weekend…woohoo!
I'm on call this weekend....

giphy.gif

Shave #244 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable injector, Gillette twin blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille to finish!

It’s Friday ya’ll! And a long weekend at that!
giphy-downsized.gif

Great shave this morning to send me on my way. A little cup of coffee before hitting the office and I’ll be firing on all cylinders. BBS and smellin fine!

Cooler still today as we are back into the upper 70s. Should be a fairly decent work day ahead. Some new folks to see and an old one or two to catch up with. Day ends with a meeting this early evening.

Have a great Friday all!

Shave #245 (800 Open Blade Shaves) of 2023:

Gear: Razorock Game Changer .68 SB, Astra SP blade, SV/TSC Anniversary badger brush, Clown Puke tub soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress! OT workout this morning, a coffee, this time with a hearty almond banana honey toast with extra almond. Then back home for chores.

Great shave this morning. Joined my buddy Mark in an outstanding shave with the GC .68! Still a superb modern value stainless razor! Finished with the sporty yet still semi sophisticated DHS’19!

Hard to believe this time next week we’ll be waiting at the airport to embark on our trip! Exciting!

Haven’t decided what watch I’m going to take. I think I’m definitely going to take the Fenix. Debating on taking the Black Bay.

Have a great Saturday all!

Back